1. Hi Guest
    We are running a survey about laptop service in India, and we'd love your inputs. Please help us improve the quality of laptop servicing, and if you've had any bad experiences, now is the time to be heard.
    Take the survey

Wifi cctv

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by billubakra, May 26, 2018.

1. billubakra

billubakra Well-Known Member

Hi,

A friend of mine is looking for a wifi cctv camera for his home. Where he wants to place the same doesn't have any source of electricity, so he is looking for the one which is chargeable or operate on batteries. Also he doesn't want to insert any memory card, what he wants is live stream on his phone/laptop and record the same in his device. I found many on Amazon but all of them are chinese with no customer support in India. Please suggest a good one accordingly. Budget 2k-3k.

Thanks

2. OP
    OP
    billubakra

3. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Super Moderator

All such equipments are mainly chinese only even if they come with Indian brand name.Check major PC market in the city,I have seen some big shops selling CCTV in nehru place Delhi & depending on shopkeeper they might provide after sales support too.

4. OP
    OP
    billubakra

Looking to buy one online. Keeping aside warranty and brand name, any suggestions?

5. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Super Moderator

No particular brand I know of,I guess online reviews is the only way to decide then.

billubakra likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    billubakra

Bought few from both online and offline sources but they sucked in a way or two. So, now he has changed the specs that he's looking for, a wifi cctc/webcam with sd card aupport in case of no wifi, live stream with wifi, power output possible with a powerbank, night vision.
    @Vyom
    Since you keep on buying these gadgets. Any advice?

7. Vyom

Vyom The Power of x480

I once bought this: Original Xiaomi Mijia XiaoFang Smart Home WIFI IP Camera 110 Degree 1080P FHD IR-cut Motion Detection Monitor
    It's not that easy to setup since language is chinese. But I did manage to set it up such that I could access it using my Android phone. It was basic and "kaam chalau" at best.

Not sure if it should be used in a high stake environment. Should spend a respectable amount and buy a good product. Sadly I can't suggest any, since I just bought that chinese cam as a hobby.

billubakra likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    billubakra

Aha. It looks good but purchasing from foreign websites is a big no.
    Budget upped to 5k. But requirements remain the same, wifi cctc/webcam with sd card support in case of no wifi, live stream with wifi, power output possible with a powerbank, night vision. Amazon/Flipkart has tons of them but I have never made a purchase of this kinda gadget before, did purchase few but had to return them all. In this budget can we get a reputed one? If one or two requirements are not fulfilled then I guess he will have to live with that.

9. Vyom

Vyom The Power of x480

I have only bought that item from banggood.com. Not sure about other products on Amazon/Flipkart. Looks like you would need to read reviews and decide from that only. Or try to look on other cctv specialized forums, if any. :(

billubakra likes this.