Wi-Fi Router query

fractalnoize

Broken In
I have broadband connection to my PC from a local ISP .it connects directly to my PC without the use of any modem .so my question is can i directly hook it up with a wi-fi router without an inbuilt modem for using the internet? for eg: (TP-LINK TL-WR740N 150Mbps Wireless without Modem Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com)

and which brand would be the best for a price range upto Rs.1200??

Thanks in advance and a happy new year !! :) :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
modem is only needed for bsnl/mtnl/airtel adsl connection(using phone line) in India.TP-LINK TL-WR740N will work fine & is the best option for its price.only better option is TP-LINK's 300mbps version which costs ~1700.

doomgiver

Warframe
i just want to say, when clicking on that link above, instead of flipkart, THIS opens :

*linksredirect.com/?pub_id=54CL36&u...affid%3Dtyroo%26cmpid%3Daffiliate_promo_tyroo

wtf is this retarded garbage?
flipkart can be accessed normally, however, when i click on the link, opera shows "web address blocked"

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^just checked now.flipkart link is working fine on my side.btw clicking on this link generates a blocked message by kaspersky.

merryjhon

Right off the assembly line
Sky router with the silver body and the clip on base 4 cable entries at back for lan i have had this a few weeks and it does cut out regularly.

Top Bottom