Wi-Fi Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
Here's the scenario:

PC 1: Has sify internet, no wifi card.

PC 2: No internet, no wifi card.

PC 3: No internet, networked to PC 2 through ethernet.

Apple iBook: No internet, Wifi card.

I tried adding a network card to "PC 1" and plugged in a network cable right into the iBook. Internet worked fine.

Now I want to use wireless networking to network PC 1 to provide internet for PC 2 as well as the iBook. So can I just plug in a PCI wireless card into PC 1 and PC 2 and get internet access on all four?

Distance between PC 1 and 2 is 10-15 mts.

I hope I've explained it clearly.

Also, if you guys have any reading material or some links to do this, please pass them along...

Thanks,
Goobi.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
i recently bought this dlink wireless router, di 524.
u can connect any no of pcs wirelessly and it also has built in 4port switch by which wired connections can be made 4 pcs or laptops.

wifi-802.11g/2.4ghz wireless router.
upto 54mbps shared connection.
advanced hardware based firewall control.
built in 4 port switch.

i got it from a hypercity mall in mumbai for rs 2499/- with a printed price of rs 4158/-.

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
OK I have a query related to this. My cousin has MTNL DSL 256kbps and is sharing it between 2 PCs & a laptop using a D-Link WiFi Router.

He thinks that his neighbours are also using it, can any one of you tell me how can he password protect the Connection so that no one else can use his precious bandwidth!!!

doom_marine

Journeyman
Well thats simple enter the d-link router page. Say his network address 192.168.1.x. the d-link setup page should usually be 192.168.1.1

then it'll ask for the username and password of the router. Enter them and proceed.

Enter the Wirless Security Option and select a security mode say WEP and setup it up accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom