yes it can be done u can use any router
Flipkart: Belkin Basic Wireless Router: Router

not the best but vfm & easy to setup

OP
A

ArjunKiller

Gamer
Hmm..anything better within 2k range?

Is this good? *www.smcinternational.in/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=1288&category_id=120&keyword=Router&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=465

OP
A

ArjunKiller

Gamer
I saw the router from Linksys WRT120N Wireless-N Router and I wish to make my connection Wi-Fi. Please tell me all the steps on configuring the Type 1 modem with the router to achieve Wi-Fi

Last edited:

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
connect ur router to the pc through any of the 4 ethernet ports open browser type 192.168.1.1 hen a username/password dialog will pop keep the username blank & password-admin u will enter the config pages of the router go to basic setup & set the internet connctivity type to pppoe and provide ur username & password then go to wireless basic give a ssid name of ur choice & in security set the level to wpa2 psk and provide the key save & reboot the connet the lan cable from the modem to the internet port of the router & it should automatically connect to the net try these in case of any difficulty get back

OP
A

ArjunKiller

Gamer
My Modem has only 1 ethernet port. I wish to surf internet on my PC as well as keep wifi on so that others in the house can use laptops, psps etc..can it be done?

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
yes u can simultaneously connect 4 wired & dozens of other wifi devices to that router they will all share ur single internet connection

Top Bottom