wi fi detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodo

Broken In
Is there any way to detect wifi avalibility/speed in a specific place without shelling out a lumpsome on a wifi enabled handheld gadget?????
HELP!!!

geekysage

Journeyman
I suppose you wanna check the Wi-Fi availability/speed because you have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop/PDA. If that's so, why do you want to buy a separate device just to check the connection availability? Your laptop/PDA can show you that info.

But if you don't have a laptop/PDA and want to check the availability of a Wi-Fi connection just for the heck of it then you can buy one of these devices.

Hope that helps.

OP
D

dodo

Broken In
Nope

Actually my college campus is supposed to have wifi connectivity. But most people dont use internet in hostel room pcs(not allowed). I intend to see if there is network available in hostel also.

geekysage

Journeyman
The best thing for you would be to borrow a wi-fi enabled laptop/pda from someone and return it back after checking the connectivity. Buying a wi-fi finder just to check the connection availability doesn't make sense.

Or simply just go and ask your IT dept. if there is any coverage in your hostel. They should help you out.

By the way, if a room computer is not allowed then what's the point of looking for wifi connectivity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom