Wi fi connectivity-modem versus mobile phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy_65_in

Padawan
My bsnl modem connects in wi fi to all my phones as also the lappie but my tp link modem only connects to my phones and not the lappie in wi fi mode.please help

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Are you able to search the tp link modem via the laptop? Also please mention the whole model number of the modem.

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
tp link W 8968.ironically it connects using a LAN cable with the lappie.I can see the tp link modem on the lappie wi fi list.evev a check from device manager shows wi fi drivers upto date.this problem doesnt happen with my decde old bsnl siemens sl2-141.installed a so called update from the tp link website but now its got worse

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
tp link W 8968.ironically it connects using a LAN cable with the lappie.I can see the tp link modem on the lappie wi fi list.evev a check from device manager shows wi fi drivers upto date.this problem doesnt happen with my decde old bsnl siemens sl2-141.installed a so called update from the tp link website but now its got worse
BSNL Siemens and TP-Link are different problems or are you trying to connect them simultaneously. That is BSNL Siemens connected to TP-Link and TP-Link handling Wi-Fi ??

Also this thread is better suited in Networking section.

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
Am fed up,this dam thing doesnt even power up properly.sometimes the lan or wi fi light doesnt glow.any better replacement ,i want a modem which can connect my pc and 2-3 pn\hone.TP link ruled out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom