Why other reputed phone makers could not match or surpass Lumia 520 Spec

rajuwaste

Right off the assembly line
I am looking to buy smartphone my expectations are 1)Value for money 2)Usability 3)Good looking 4)Smooth performance 5)battery backup 6)Reliable brand.As per my understanding when we compare operating system android has more usability(Applications) compared to windows but windows excels in smooth performance,stability and better battery backup.But in hardware part why there is no other reputed manufacturer could match with lumia 520 phone.I could match Galaxy s duos with lumia 520 (in terms of style and nearby price band)but that phone launched around Rs. 17000 and slashed to Rs.13500 because of heavy competition from several manufacturers. Galaxy s has only single core processor but it has flash to assist the camera( I have P&S digital camera I know even high end mobiles could not exceed the photo quality of digital camera so camera in phones meant for casual use only (atleast in low and mid range phones)and around Rs.10000 price band we could not expect best performance as of now).While considering battery both the phones have almost equal and s suos have more ram but android consumes more battery and ram so we could end up less backup time and equal or poor performance compared to lumia 520.Is there any better phone coming around Rs.10000 price band in near future (with better spec than lumia 520 especially ram and battery).

Last edited:

Runjesh

Broken In
It's Nokia they make most innovative cell phones and Lumia Series Is one of them,thoughy they suffered so much loss frm symbian but the are gainng there market rapidly via Windows Phone,other Companies cant beat their innovations..

abhidev

Human Spambot
just FYI... Lumia 520 doesn't hv front cam and NFC...also the Lumia 620 has better display than 520

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
If you want to go the Nokia route, invest a little extra and get the Lumia 620. It will be a better choice over the long term...

OP
R

rajuwaste

Right off the assembly line
Thank you friends for reply I am looking to buy for my first smartphone .I mostly use mobile for calling,reminders,multiple alarms,several other useful applications and for casual gaming (not hard core).I feel around 4” screen is the perfect size for mobile phone to carry,hold and using for most persons.As of now IOS is more stable,secure and usable (variety of useful applications) but I don’t want to spend much for mobile phone so I am looking for other os and phone manufacturer.

Android has variety of applications but for buying 4” phone with decent spec it costs more than Rs.15000

Until few years back Nokia & Microsoft were in number 1 spot in their respective fields (Phone,OS).Now both of them are in do or die situation so I hope they will try hard to get decent result.With lumia Nokia provided good phone to Low and mid category smartphone segment.Microsoft designed stable,smooth operating system this time for mobile phones but only concern is variety of quality applications (Though I am going to use only few quality applications like Flipboard,Soundhound, Evernote, Maps …). Even though if windows fail to attract more developers I don’t mind because I am getting fresh nice looking os and (durable)phone at affordable price and some important applications for my current need after using two years I will give it to other family members.

@abhidev ,@ AndroidFan

Processor : 520==620==720
Ram : 520==620==720
Look and feel : 520=620=<720
(Almost same for my point of view)
Battery : 720>520>620

So there is no compelling reason for me to buy 620 by spending Rs.4000 extra.
I don’t know how things are going to pan out with in two years so I am considering to buy basic lumia 520 phone which meets almost all my needs as of now.Only thing I am not sure is nokia city lens not available in this phone.is that much important feature for users?.

@ Barpanda
Then what is the purpose of this section we have every brands respective support forum out there.We cann’t post anything against their brand in their own site.But hear if your are not employee of particular brand why are worrying about comparing several brands and discussing about them to choose the best from them this is the purpose of this forum I hope so.I did not fight with any body by arguing one particular brand is better than others in all aspect.I just want to share my opining and trying to know others point of view to shape up my decision.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^^ Lumia 620 has a better screen. Also has a front facing camera and its primary camera has a flash.

Other than that, both 520 and 620 are very similar.

Lumia 720, on the other hand, has an awesome design, based on the original N9 and Lumia 800. It could probably be one of the last phones based on that revolutionary design.

Top Bottom