Status
Not open for further replies.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
shaunak said:
hi guys,
anyone know how to remove msn msg frm start up
it tried but it just comes back every damn time i log in to messenger

Windows Messenger is big security threat.
These links will help u out:
*www.petri.co.il/disable_windows_messenger_in_windows_xp.htm
*www.petri.co.il/hide_the_windows_messenger_icon_in_windows_xp.htm
You can even uninstall Windows Messenger using a tip at*www.petri.co.il/uninstall_windows_messenger_in_windows_xp.htm and use MSN Messenger instead.

premrajeev

Journeyman
REMOVE NORTION AND SEE UR LOADING SPEEDS INCREASES BY 40%..
TO REMOVE MSN, GO TO RUN-MSCONFIG-STARTUP-UNCHECK THE UNWANTED..BE CAREFUL:::NOT TO UNLOAD THE WANTED FROM THE STARTUP THOUGH!!..

nikhil

Broken In
well norton is a very resource hungry application...removing it will give a decent boost to your system...but also try cleaning out your registry(only if u know what to do...make a backup before doing anything to it) and then compacting it, defraging your system(use either ms defrag or any other thiord party defrag utility...u can usually find one in one of the older digit cd/dvd'salso try freeing up some space on your hdd ok????try it out out

premrajeev

Journeyman
Dear Vishakdatta ,

If u dont know something,please be quiet..Ur's was a foolish answer. the figures in amd's athlon/duron/smpron/athlonxp/athlon64 series means something different. example: 1600 + means it is not running at 1600mhz,but at 1399 or 1424 mhz. but the performance by all these cpu's can be compared by the same class cpu of the competitor. Ex: athlon xp 2400+ running at 1.9ghz will be equal or better in performance that of a p4 2.4 ghz. and Sempron 2400+ runs at 1.8 or 1.6 ghz can perform equal or better than a celeron 2 ghz or faster. if u need authorized discription, please visit www.amd.com.

AMD people always think megahertz is not the only critieria which measures a PC performance..

Mods : please look into the authenticity of the postings...
otherways this will be a bluffing spot soon.

super_i_man

Broken In
Linux is the best (!)

I have been running my system on Red Hat Linux for the past two years. My friend who has a windows installed could'n belive that my comp was running like a young horse.
There are other portability issues with linux but speed wise it is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom