Why Indians don't buy online ? Why I don't ?

Krishna Murthy

Right off the assembly line
It was fun reading this article in Feb digit. Deep Insight of Indian buying behavior was much more fun. Now..... My experiences. I wanted a third external drive. I searched online. Details like Month and year of Mfg, month of Import, OS support etc were missing. I went to a Store. Found out that Online stores were offering One Year Old external drives without any discount. After patiently hearing me the Store Owner asked me to wait for 5 days as he was getting new stocks in 2 or 3 days. I bought a 1TB external storage drive fresh from the oven 500 rupees cheaper than Online price. Many more experiences are welcome.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Funny! I expected that coming. Buying onine is not a thing here. Not atleast for a few more years to come.
IMHO, Online transactions seems, only limited, to paying online bills :p

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Isn't e-bay have the Cash on Delivery option?
Can't say. But people have claimed that Amazon has a great return policy. But the point is, even if it were, there is no option where value deals (in terms of money) is concerned.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Forget about things like Hard drives etc, processors and motherboards are much cheaper online.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
But what about its life. I would be most worried of the thing I buyed online being stop working at any moment. And what about after sales service. Whom would we keep knocking emails!
I already had bad experience tackling with the "real" guys, from which I had purchased a product, and I think I would never want to experience the same with a person, I would not even recognize face, if I happen to meet him!

R2K

In the Zone
IMHO hitting the stores to buy stuff is best....Indians are doing the right thing...i mean why the hell are ppl spending tons of money on building huge stores and malls if consumers are gonna sit infront of their pc and get their stuff home...

Top Bottom