whois and domain ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
hi all
whn we do a whois for a domain we get info abt the domain ...
domain Registrant
administrative contact
technical contact etc...

now for my domain i do not want all the info to be displayed on the whois site
i want my domain registrar (rediff.com) to know my details and that i m the owner of the domain but i do not want my info to be made public.

is that possible??

gowtham

Journeyman
I am on godaddy and it is possible. The theory is, u keep ur personal details in ur account, but on the domain details page, remove ur details and keep whatever u want. i tried this on my domain and it works. hope it helps u...

slugger

Banned
u will have pay your registrar extra for enabling whois supression/masking - IMO its worth the xtra cost, esp if ur site becomes popular

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Turn on privacy protection. Generally most provide it for free. Dont know about rediff...but they have poor support.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
yea ... rediff suks ...
Edit Your Domain Registration Information
Manage your contact information and registration details. The contact information also appears in the public WHOIS database.
To review your domain registration dates, see your WHOIS record

the above is wat is written on rediff site ... i dont think they have an option to make it private ... will drop them a mail tonite n see wat happens
thanks again everyone :)

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
look at rediff's reply

We thank you for your time to communicate to us.

Kindly note that private registration feature is available only at the time of registration and can not be activated once the domain is already active and provisioned.

Please feel free to contact us incase you have any further queries or suggestions.
can someone tell me the procedure to change the registrar?? do i have to inform rediff first. wud goDaddy be a good option??

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
can someone tell me the procedure to change the registrar?? do i have to inform rediff first. wud goDaddy be a good option??
The domain should be 2 months old. You dont need to ask rediff for this. Trasfer of domain name take 5-7 days.

Last edited:
OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
Kindly note that this feature is not supported after registration.

We request you to change the registrant and whois details if you do not want to disclose your identity.

Next under Account(s) Control Panel click "Manage Domain"

Under " Edit Your Domain Registration Information " click on " edit " , change the required details and then click "update"

It will take 24-48 hours for the changes to be effective.
hey folks see this reply frm rediff. let me know a good cost effective registrar. godaddy seems costly. i m not gona use the domain for commercial purposes

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
no i didnt say aalphanet is costly ... i only want to know whether it is reliable.

any other reliable and cost effective solution?

thanks

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
If your domain is 60 days old, only option is left is to transfer the domain to another Registrar :)

Please ask the support team about WHOIS Privacy before hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom