Who knows Wii?

ash

Reborn ... four times
First let me confess I am a nube when it comes to Gaming.

I was considering buying a Wii. What is the availability of game titles like (vs other consoles) -- especially for family oriented games?

Anything I should consider before buying this vs an XBOX or PSP?

Will really appreciate some advice.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
For family oriented games, Nintendo Wii should be your choice as most of the games on the Wii platform are meant for everyone. This is the reason why its sales are almost equal to the sales of Xbox 360 and PS3 combined.

Get the Xbox 360 or PS3 if you feel you aren't getting the games which you prefer to play on Wii. Xbox 360 and PS3 have more adult titles than Wii.

Get the PSP if you need a portable gaming system.

vishurocks

Journeyman
Dude ico is right. Wii is a cool choice. Games for wii are really entertaining and almost for everyone (kids to old).

leo61611616

Journeyman
Wii gets you in the game. Love how you can actually control the game with your moments. Wii is good for body and is entertaining. As ICO said above you might not get all games on Wii. Most of the action and racing games are better on Xbox and PS. Games won't be in HD on Wii.

OP
A

ash

Reborn ... four times
Thanks guys. This helps. I had come across the HD bit, but I guess that it would not matter for someone new ot games much.

BTW, HD with 3D is awesome - experienced it on Sony 3D and it was amazing.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
If budget is not a contraint, why not wait for Xbox 36 - Kinect or go for the PS3-Move combo? You get HD graphics, more advanced motion-control features as well as a more wider choice of games.

Besides, I think getting a Wii in India would be almost as exoensive as getting a Xbox 360 Arcade.

Top Bottom