Which upcoming game are you excited to play?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
In vein of a similar thread for movies, I decided to create this thread for discussing upcoming games that you are hyped for and anticipating to play.

Some of the upcoming games I am looking forward to are as follows:

* Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2:

I really loved the story and writing of the original VtM:B, it was a unique blend of "Pen and Paper" RPG and Third/First person shooter. Memorable characters, incredible voice acting and gripping story line make this a damn good RPG, albeit one with a lot of bugs due to rushed development. I am looking forward to what they do in VtM:B2, will they keep the Pen and Paper influence or will they dumb it down like Skyrim. Regardless, I am hyped to try it out when it comes out.

* Cyberpunk 2077:

This must be on everyone wish list. Made by CD Projekt Red and the gameplay trailer has hyped everyone. Nothing I can say about this that hasn't already been said.

* Everspace 2:

Everspace 1 is a somewhat monotonous "rogue-lite" space sim but I still liked its combat/flying mechanics, decent story and game progression. Though much of the gameplay loop is progressing through sectors to an end sector while upgrading your ship and combating enemies along the way. Everspace 2, however, is slated to be an open-world (space) RPG with a number of new mechanics, including the ability to go down and fly over a planets surface which was absent in the previous game. New ships and new economy mechanics have also been added and the story still seems good enough. I have the alpha for this and tried out the current iteration of the build. The game is not yet in early access.

* Rebel Galaxy - Outlaw:

Another space sim. I really liked Rebel Galaxy 1, it is a space sim where you fly capital ships, rather than small fighers and engage in naval-like combat with other ships with broadside weapons and turrets. While the story is paper thin, it's still decent since much of the activities you perform will be missions from a mission board on different space stations. Missions include hunting down pirates, retrieving some items from a dead drop, delivering goods to a blockaded station (or just delivering goods in general). This game is basically closest to being like the TV series Firefly, you can either become a pirate trading illegal goods or be a good guy hunting down pirates. Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is a prequel to Rebel Galaxy 1, where you play as one of the characters from the first part. However, you don't fly a capital ship here, you will be using a small-medium size craft, though the rest of the gameplay seems to be the same. This is already out on EGS, however I am waiting for it to some to Steam, for my own sanity of course.

* System Shock remake:

The development on this has been on hold for a while now since the development team is in the process of moving to Unreal engine from Unity. They had released a playable demo in Unity earlier but I think they have run out of funds. But I am still hopeful that they might come around someday.

* Serious Sam 4:

Because it's Serious Sam. It's always fun mowing down the forces of Mental in a portable cannon.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
For me, not upcoming but the remake of Mafia 1(City of Lost heaven).

Other than that, I want to see if Cyberpunk can stand up to the hype. For some reason it feels it just won't be able to live up that much. I'll be really surprised if CDPR pull it off.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
For me, not upcoming but the remake of Mafia 1(City of Lost heaven).

Other than that, I want to see if Cyberpunk can stand up to the hype. For some reason it feels it just won't be able to live up that much. I'll be really surprised if CDPR pull it off.

Yeah, I want to try the Mafia 1 remake as well. The original had some pretty janky mechanics which I hope they will have fixed.

Cyberpunk 2077 I don't think will live up to the hype. There will be inevitable compromises. That happened with Witcher 3 and I am sure it will happen with this.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Horizon Zero Dawn (PC) : Heard too much praise about it on playstation. Was very excited to learn it was coming to PC.

Cyberpunk 2077: Yes please. Although I have lowered my expectations for various reasons, being in a city all the time could get repetitive and also so that I don't get too hyped. Not a big fan of 100% first person view. Although RDR2 showed me how much more immersive FPV can be

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Horizon Zero Dawn (PC) : Heard too much praise about it on playstation. Was very excited to learn it was coming to PC.
It's from Guerilla, who are owned by Sony. This makes this really surprising.

I hope they bring Bloodborne to PC someday.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
^ yeah it was. Maybe the massive success of some games on PC was the motivation. Plus I think more PC users are buying games now.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Is it weird that I am not looking to buy/play any new games until I've gone through my existing library (at least the ones which I bought)? Witcher 2 is on hold, uninstalled PUBG and have been playing DBC 14 and Alien Isolation.
Cyberpunk 2077 had my attention but I'd rather wait for it to go on sale with regional pricing or giveaway instead of acquiring it by other means. :D

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
My list:
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- AC Valhalla
- Watch Dogs Legion
Bottom two I am not so excited for. I think they've milked the AC series enough. They should put this on hold and bring back the Prince Of Persia series.

Haven't played any Watch Dogs game, so no opinion on those.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Is it weird that I am not looking to buy/play any new games until I've gone through my existing library (at least the ones which I bought)? Witcher 2 is on hold, uninstalled PUBG and have been playing DBC 14 and Alien Isolation.
Cyberpunk 2077 had my attention but I'd rather wait for it to go on sale with regional pricing or giveaway instead of acquiring it by other means. :D
Not weird at all. I am doing the same. Though I will get the new games eventually.

Witcher 2 I finished in a couple of days by binging on it. Finished Alien Isolation long time ago, but I had recently reinstalled it to play the DLCs.

Bottom two I am not so excited for. I think they've milked the AC series enough. They should put this on hold and bring back the Prince Of Persia series.

Haven't played any Watch Dogs game, so no opinion on those.

Right now if they bring back PoP, people will say that its similar to AC. Considering how well Origins & Odyssey turned out, if Valhalla is good, I don't mind at all.

WD1 was on free giveaway somewhere. I liked both WD1 & 2, definitely not a legendary game or anything but surely very good games if you liked a game like GTA V. Worth a try.

Not weird at all. I am doing the same. Though I will get the new games eventually.

Witcher 2 I finished in a couple of days by binging on it. Finished Alien Isolation long time ago, but I had recently reinstalled it to play the DLCs.

Lockdown has helped me clear a lot of backlogs as well. Among the 4 I listed, I might only buy CP 2077 if its initial reviews are good. Others, I'm definitely buying on sales.

If CP2077 gets listed at $43 on EGS & releases on time, you can get it for $33 with the $10 coupon. So a good 20% or so discount, which is what it should get on sales for maybe a year. Who knows if EGS' $10 coupons will make a return but it is surely a lifesaver for developing countries.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Lockdown has helped me clear a lot of backlogs as well. Among the 4 I listed, I might only buy CP 2077 if its initial reviews are good. Others, I'm definitely buying on sales.

If CP2077 gets listed at $43 on EGS & releases on time, you can get it for $33 with the $10 coupon. So a good 20% or so discount, which is what it should get on sales for maybe a year. Who knows if EGS' $10 coupons will make a return but it is surely a lifesaver for developing countries.
I'll probably buy it on GOG. That way I can support CDPR directly.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Mine:
Mafia 1: Definitive Edition
Cyberpunk 2077* (*Since it is a 1st person game, I will probably get motion sickness will decide after watching more gameplay videos)
Yakuza Like a Dragon
Horizon Zero Dawn PC

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I don't look forward to playing new games since I have to finish my backlog first.
But Death Stranding PC is something that interests me.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Surprised to see literally everyone hyped for Cyberpunk. Can't even remeber the last game with such hype. Gta V?

Top Bottom