Which SE Phone for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
yeah...but who cares?? not like I read pdf's anyway...its mostly .txt and .htm format e-books! Cool...I guess the K810i is going to be my next phone! I wonder if Sony World stocks this...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Why don't u take a look at Windows Mobile based smart phones? They render htm & txt pages properly, you can also edit, & if you are paying for a k810i then I would say a Windows Mobile Phone isn't that far.

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
True true...but what about the Camera?? SE has mindblowing cameras...and I'm not too impressed with the battery life on these things...my friend has an i-Mate with WM5, so yeah, I had a look at them but I didn't like them too much.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
U can hav try at SE P990i,with 19.6K I think it has all necessary features including Symbian OS UIQ 3.0,so variety of 3rd party softwarwe supported.

J

JamesTryForYou

@Faraz....What at Flight mode....remove sim...What you talking about:eek:. I do have a flight mode option (SE k790i)but i cant operate my phone without a SIM card. Or correct me if i am wrong..cuz i tested it several times in my phone.

P990i for 19.6k...May i know the place:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

spidyweb

Broken In
All K series phones after k750 has got flight mode.You don't have to take out your sim.When you start the phone it asks you to start in normal or flight mode.I bought K800i day before yesterday from UK.its camera is awesome and flash is compared to any digital camera.there is a small difference of it from k750i which I had been using for last 1 and half years.in k750 if you play music in speaker they don't sound much(I am talking abt the intensity)...but if you set as a ring tone or if you are just trying the ringtone volume then thats very intense.there was another case with fm radio.if you listening to the radio in speaker that sounds as intense as the ringtone volume.the case is different in k800i.whehther you listen to radio or listen to music in speaker they sound loud enough(obviously louder than k750i when you listen to music in speaker,but bit less than the k750 radio)but not louder as ringtone.when you listen as ringtone its equal to k750 ringtone.overall its better than k750 only with whe exception that k750 has magabass.But,if you increase the bass in your equalizer to max and listen to it in a headphone its 90% comparable to megabass.trust me i am the user of both and i also tried w550i,w810i and w710i.

one more thing i forgot....don't go for k810i.its keypad really sucks.its got only one advantage over k800 and thats usb 2.0
now i have one qn to the forum..can anybody tell me the price of k800 in india.I bought it in uk in 160£.so,i am trying to compare.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
faraaz said:
True true...but what about the Camera?? SE has mind blowing cameras...and I'm not too impressed with the battery life on these things...my friend has an i-Mate with WM5, so yeah, I had a look at them but I didn't like them too much.

Camera isn't that bad. A quick search in Microsoft India revealed for iMate & O2 XDA for Windows Mobile PDA/Phones. Personally if you decide to go for Windows Mobile phones then wait for O2 to upgrade there products with Windows Mobile 6 cos it is already out now.

spidyweb

Broken In
n95 has got 5 megapixel camera and se k800 has 3.2 megapixel.but megapixel doesn't guarantee you the quality...its just resolution of the picture that means the dimension...in k800 sony has incorporated some amazing features of their famous digicams.only catch is in nokia the video resolution is 640*480 whereas in Se its only 176*144.
so,if you really want to be a good photographer then go for sony...but for some video recordings you can go for n95.......but anyway for a video with 640*480 is not at all good as compared with a videocam

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
O2 phones look sweet...but its a slider and its HUGE!

Having heard all this negative feedback regarding K810 keys, I'm going to go demo the phone and THEN see about buying.

I've been offered 12000 for my 1 year old N80 which is still in excellent condition, on exchanging it for the K810i...so I'd only have to pay Rs. 4000 to get the brand new K810i...good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom