Which one's good option?? processor related...plus graphics card i'm in a dilemma?

elviento

Broken In
which one to buy
HP Pavilion dm4-1024tx
Intel® Core™ i5-430M Processor
• 2.26 GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5450 Graphics (switchable) with 512 MB dedicated
Rs. 48,000

or

HP Pavilion dv6-3057tx
Intel® Core™ i3-370M Processor
• 2.4 GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 Graphics (switchable) with 1 GB dedicated
Rs. 44,900?????

Krow

Crowman
Re: Which one's good option?? processor related...plus graphics card i'm in a dilemma

I'd go with the first option if I can afford it. But your choice depends on your usage. Give us some details about the applications you plan to run and why you are buying this laptop.

That will pave way for better advice.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Re: Which one's good option?? processor related...plus graphics card i'm in a dilemma

the dm4 has i5 processor where as the dv6 has i3. The main difference between them is turbo boost, available in i5 and not in i3. That is, when only one core is used, the i5 overclocks itself automatically. But when both the cores are in use, i3 wins because of higher clock speed. So, is it going to make a huge difference? No. In day to day applications, you wont be able to notice much difference.

On the other hand, dm4 has a 5450 graphics card and the dv6 has 5650 graphics card. The 5450 is good enough for HD movies but dont expect much in terms of gaming. The 5650 in dv6 model is the best available graphics card in India now. In gaming 5650 is lot better than 5450.

Keeping these things in mind, I'd go with the dv6 model.

OP
elviento

elviento

Broken In

thanks dude for your replies...

i already bought the dv6 3056tx
its as same as 3057tx only difference is in colour
mine is cherry black with rich texture on the hood:grin:
and same specifications.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan

Congratulations on your purchase. Post pictures and if possible post a review

Top Bottom