Which one you'll prefer???

whyonlyme

Right off the assembly line
I am little bit confused between two tablets. One is HCL ME V1 and other one is Zync Z99 7" tablet.

Which one will you prefer and why? Don't care about price, cause they're nearly same, please tell me your views about both.. I need to buy one..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
None. Life is better without cheap junk pathetic tablets than with one. Save money and buy one that lasts and gets updates. If you cant, look for used ones

capsic

Right off the assembly line
@OP

Hi.
You haven't mentioned what your tab requirements are exactly so its hard to make a specific suggestion. Both the tabs you have shortlisted run on the older android ICS OS. I would strongly recommend you opt for a Jelly Bean tab instead as it has some significant improvements over ICS.

One thing I would like to state up front - I am completely new to tablets and don't own one myself. I have only started looking into tabs about a month ago when I decided to look for a sub 20k budget 10" tab for myself.

I'm going by the assumption that your budget is around 8k.

Note:-
  1. youtube video links are already present in some of the thinkdigit reviews linked below and have only been posted separately where they are missing
  2. Difference in pricing are due to changes in prices from the time the original articles linked below were initially posted

Here are some options (in no particular order) you can also consider -

Acer Iconia B1 for Rs.7,999 (this tab is on special offer only for today on infibeam for Rs.7,499) -

Acer Iconia B1 Review -Tablets

Lava Xtron for Rs.6,499 -

Lava E-Tab Xtron dual-core Jelly Bean tablet available online, for Rs. 6,499 - Tablets

Wickedleak Wammy Desire for Rs.6,499 -

WickedLeak Wammy Desire Review -Tablets

Karbonn Smartab 1 for Rs.6,663 -

Karbonn announces Jelly Bean-based Smart Tab 1 tablet for Rs. 6,990 - Tablets

Karbonn Smartab 2 for Rs.5,790.

*www.karbonnmobiles.com/product_tablet_details.php?tabid=2

Karbonn Smart Tab 8 for Rs.6,799 -

Karbonn launches Smart Tab 8 Velox in India for Rs. 7,025 - Tablets

Croma CRXT1075 for Rs.5,999 (currently out of stock but should be back soon) -

Croma CRXT1075 17.8 cm Tablet | Latest Croma 17.8 cm Android Tablet

Pantel Penta T-Pad WS707C for Rs.7,999 -

Pantel launches Penta T-Pad WS707C with Jelly Bean, voice calling for Rs. 7,999 - Tablets

If somehow you are able to stretch your budget to Rs.13,500/- I would highly recommend the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2-311 (AKA GT-P3110).

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 311 (Wi-Fi only) launched at Rs. 13,900 with Jelly Bean - Tablets

I understand this is possibly 50% over your (assumed) budget but its (IMO) the best 7" tab currently available in India that's backed by a solid warranty and decent customer support.

If you find the price steep and you have a Credit Card, you can consider buying the tablet in installments (6 Months EMI: Rs 2316 or 3 Months EMI: Rs 4633) that is currently being offered on several sites including Samsung India as well. Do note that buying it on installments means paying Rs.400 above the "cash down" price of Rs.13,500 I listed above.

Hope that helps...

Last edited:
Top Bottom