which one should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav

In the zone
which one of the following phone I should buy...
Nokia 6233
SE k750i
SE w810i
SE k550i

can anyone please confirm me the prices of above phones please. I have heard that the SE phones does'nt have full screen mode (saw it in simulation at their website).
How's the music quality of k550i.?

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
wats ur bugdet like? if its around 13k then SE 810i is ur best bang for money, SE k750i is 9.5k, its got the best cam around, sound is good and at that price really hits the sweet spot. n SE k550i's keypad sukz, but its got a gr8 cam.

no idea abt nokia fones

wait for krazyfrog n infra_red_dude's feedback too

dtox

The Techno Perv
instead of 810i, i suggest u go for the new 610i.. its 1.5k more than the 810i but it has a greater sound quality, better cam n walkman 2.0 which i think is superb!! chk out the reviews here:
*www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-w610-en.shtml

oh.. n of all the fones u mentioned above, 6233 is the weakest.. SE fones u mentioned above r far superior to 6233

dtox

The Techno Perv
^^ atleast 2 months.. but trust me.. its gonna be a future hot seller.. just like the 810i.. i say u go for it.. its worth every penny.. or atleast 810i is!! if u cn adjust wit the clumsy keypad of 610i, i strongly recommend u go for it now!!

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
how's the sound quality of K550i as compared to nokia 3250,I am planning to purchase w810i or K550i

K

krazyfrog

W810i any day. Great music, great camera, excellent features, 512 mb card (expandable upto 2gb)+ small speakers, excellent value. Recent price drop brings it below 13k.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well buddy, none of the models u've mentioned are symbian phones, so that factor of decision is out! that boils down to these questions:

1) do u want decent cam and 3g/edge support? if yes, get 6233 (~11-12k, i think 64mb card + standard headset. plz confirm these)

2) do u want an excellant cam phone under 10k but can sarifice 3g/edge? get k750i ~10k (if u are adventerous enough u can flash its firmware to w800i and haf great audio output too!). comes bundled wid 64mb mspd card + standard headset.

3) do u want a great cam, edge and walkman branded phone out of the box? then get w810i (~13-14k) bundled wid 512mb card, speakers and passive noise cancellation headset (good bass too!)

4) do u want great cam + edge? get k550i (~11-12k) (i think 64mb card + standard headset)

5) do u want good sound (walkman brand), edge, good cam out of the box, a new model which will run for a few years to come? get w610i. (~14-16k) (same headset as w810i)

hope this helps you to decide :)

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
read the following page and I am more confinced to purchasing K550i

*www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-k550-en.shtml
also read about the W810i but I am more inclined towards the awesome camera quality of the k550i, also it has a lens cover with it.
will decide at the shop........ well thank you all for your valuable support...

Tech.Masti said:
^^+1 for W810i, and if you go for nokia choose N72 / 3250...

3250 sucks because it is too slow, i used it for 1 month and returned it back to my friend.
Only the camera is good and nothing else.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
btw, only k750i has a joystick. other all haf the 5 way navigation pad. so no worries on that front!

some news: some people haf reportedly flashed k550i to w610i's firmware (analogous to k750 to w800i conversion!!!)

Pathik

Google Bot
yep... thats a gwoood thing... :)
but the keypad of k550i sucks...
and its sound quality is not as good as 6233...
also the price of m2 s more than micro sds...

the mihir

Broken In
hi guys.. i am looking for a good phone from nokia or sony ericsson for about 12K... the models i am thinking of are nokia- 6300, 6233m, n 72 and sonyericsson w 610i... which one should i buy and why? is 3g necessary? and can extra software be installed on the nokia 6300?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
pathiks said:
but the keypad of k550i sucks...
also the price of m2 s more than micro sds...

fully agree pal :)

mihir: unless u are not planning to change the phone for a couple of years more do not buy a 3g enabled phone. thats my advice.. at least i believe in paying for what i can use today! and no. of software that can be installed is highest in n72 as it uses the symbian os. so it can run native as well as java apps. its a great value for money phone!

other than that all the other 3 haf no difference as far as apps are concerned (only java apps can be installed). 6300 is the slimest of all squeezing in as many features as possible! out of those phones the best cam and music phone is the w610i (walkman + autofocus cam). but the keys are a bit too small (my personal opinion, urs may vary). but it uses m2 memory card which is more expensive than others. 6233me is also a gud phone but i think its a bit pricy.

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
Gaurav said:
which one of the following phone I should buy...
Nokia 6233
SE k750i
SE w810i
SE k550i

can anyone please confirm me the prices of above phones please. I have heard that the SE phones does'nt have full screen mode (saw it in simulation at their website).
How's the music quality of k550i.?

810i or I'd suggest 6300 :)

Pathik

Google Bot
if u suggest 6300 than y not 6233.. Its better than 6300 in evy aspect except looks.. Btw as i already said w810i>6233

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
pathiks said:
if u suggest 6300 than y not 6233.. Its better than 6300 in evy aspect except looks.. Btw as i already said w810i>6233

Because 6233 is the ugliest phone ever, IMO and 6300 has one of the best displays ever for a N phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom