which one is better

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
which one of these cases are good

cooler master cmp 350-1500
cooler master 310 -1700

i know u will advice me to get nzxt gamma , iam just asking othr two for sme reason:))

and is this any good , the psu is it good to support amd 6670 , intel i5,

*bitfang.com/nzxt-source-210-elite-computer-cabinet-pid35893/

and also i saw cooler master cmp with 400W smps from cm is the psu good until i change my gpu....?

this is basically iam very tight on budget and like to upgarde in phases....:oops:

i saw one of the member krishna... like i dnt remeber his name he posted his new ri pics which had cmp 350 without psu , he buy seasonic psu i guess...

or tell any good case + psu combo under 3000.

my config probabily will be

intel G840 or G620 / i will upgrade it to i5 later
biostar TZ68K+
2GB ram / upgrade later
250 HDD
sapphire 6670 1GB DDR5 or sapphire 5670 512mb DDR5
psu....?
cse....?

Last edited:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
before anyone asks a question about Power supplies, he should read the sticky threads: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
ico thanks man, i actually read it before but forgot , my fault.... thts a cool post though....

ok is fsp saga 2 400w ok... i never plan to run dual gpu, or overclock or add more hdd....

and is there any good combo u can suggest around 3000rs case + psu... :-?

Cilus

laborare est orare
The price difference between the SAGA II 400W and 500W is just couple of hundred bucks. So better get the FSP SAGA II 500W which is available around 2.2K. I guess it will offer you better future proof solution.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
IMO CM Elite 310 is OK enough, but one fan seems optional there, so check if you're getting 2 fans with the cabinet or not.

You can go for something like this if you can spend a little more:

*techshop.in/store/thermaltake-wing...-buy-online-india-p-3411.html?cPath=320_24_43

Other choices I recommend for you are:

BitFenix Merc Alpha BFC-MRC-100-KKX1-RP Computer Case (Black), Compare and Buy latest Cases Online in India: bitFang.com
iBall i612 Computer Case (Black Silver), Compare and Buy latest Cases Online in India: bitFang.com
iBall i612 Computer Case (Black Red), Compare and Buy latest Cases Online in India: bitFang.com

You can ask around for the Zebronics Glacier:

Zebronics - Cabinets - Intermediate Series - Glacier

(It comes with 2 80mm fans and allows for adding several more fans, it's about 1.7K approx. - it also gives you 4 USB ports at the front, which is always welcome)

As for PSU, better go for FSP Saga II 500W to allow room for future upgrades. The only other choice is Antec VP450P.

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
Cilus and AcceleratorX thanks guys , appreciate ur help :wink:

one more thing just a small question i dnt thing it should be asked ina new thread....

i found a 80gb ide hdd for 600 is it good to buy and use till , i get a new sata aftr some 2 or 3 months when price falls, i have a usb hdd to store all my files.

wht is the performance difference is that a good deal its second hand...

ace hey ur recommendations is higher than my budget i askd for psu+case for 3000

i will probabily buy nxzt gammma with fsp saga 2 500 i guess it will cme under 4000 right....?
or cmp 350 + fsp saga 2 500w 1550+2000 cmes under 4000 right...?

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
The price is okay for the HDD but one thing, the HDD must be very old. So before making your purchase I think you should test the harddisk with some hdd tools to check the condition of the HDD.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
IDE HDD on modern chipsets will be notably slower, I do not suggest you use it. UDMA speeds are less than half (if memory serves me correctly) the speed of first generation SATA.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
i found a 80gb ide hdd for 600 is it good to buy and use till , i get a new sata aftr some 2 or 3 months when price falls, i have a usb hdd to store all my files.

As 80GB HDD and that too an IDE HDD, is EOLed a long ago, I would strongly suggest you check the condition of that HDD before making any purchase. It should be at least 6-7 years old.

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
hi frnds just a small query is this any good for this price, i taught of keeping the psu and replacing it with fsp saga later after 3 - 4 months....

Cooler Master K100 + 400W smps - 3480rs

also pls tell if the price is good for these two cards and which one is good

powercolor 5670 1gb ddr3 -- 3937
powercolor 6570 1gb ddr3 -- 4725( idnt know if its ddr5 , if its ddr5 is ths good for ths price)

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^i suggest you to go for 5670 GDDR5 for around 4-4.5k.go for 512 or 1GB it really doesn't matter.see which one is cheaper and buy that.this card performs far better than both the cards you have mentioned above.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^i suggest you to go for 5670 GDDR5 for around 4-4.5k.go for 512 or 1GB it really doesn't matter.see which one is cheaper and buy that.this card performs far better than both the cards you have mentioned above.

5670 512MB GDDR5 is available only at 3.9K in theitwares. Zaxfx05, don't even think of buying the DDR3 version. The main strength of 5670/6670 cards are in their GDDR5 memory which is twice as faster as the GDDR3 memory running at the same speed. This extra bandwidth is very much required here as these cards only having 128 bit memory bus compared to 256 bit bus of the higher end cards. So getting the DDR3 version will reduce the memory bandwidth significantly, hence reducing the performance. And these cards are not powerful enough to make use of 1 GB of memory;n there is hardly any performnce difference between the 512 MB and the 1GB GDDR5 version. Get the 512 MB GDDR5 version form Theitwares.

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
cilus and sukesh thanks frnds i will definetly go for 5670 DDR5 , one more thing iam stuck with

cooler master elite 311 -1800rs.

is ths good , i cant get nzxt gamma from were iam , ths one can be bought easily so is this good.....? the other option is

cmp-350-1500rs

both ths are available

which one should i go

i think 311 is better but what u ppl say...:???:

what i meant to ask is, is whether to spent extra 400 on 311, or is it ok with cmp-350...
ths are the only two models available

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
CM Elite 311 @1.8K is a very good deal, better than cmp 350 without any doubt. Go with elite 311 & you won't regret it. :thumbs:

Top Bottom