divyadbzgt1

Broken In
i'll two confog tell me which one is better

1.AMD athlon 64 3500+
MSI RS480M2-IL
2*512 Mb DDR 400

or

2. AMD athlon 64 3500+
Winfast NF4K8MC(without onboard graphics)
2*256 Mb DDR 400
XFX Geforce 6200 128 Mb card

Also tell me a good motherboard with out graohics which is around 4.5 to 5k. Also tell me the form factor of the two motherboards.

cyrux

In the zone
Dont know about the mobo from winfast but yes i have heard that MSI Rs 480 M2 gives some prob with Nvidai gfx cards .The games just hang up and all...

Why do we have two dif mobos with a gr8 price diff. Like the asus a8n-e costs around 9k + but a foxconn mobo based on nvidia nforce 4 ultra cost aound 5k ? Is it only due to onboard gfx or the brand name

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Why do we have two dif mobos with a gr8 price diff. Like the asus a8n-e costs around 9k + but a foxconn mobo based on nvidia nforce 4 ultra cost aound 5k ? Is it only due to onboard gfx or the brand name

i dont think any nforce 4 chipset absed mobo will have onboard grafix be it any brand. correct me if i am wrong.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Mahesh Babu said:
Choose the setup which is more costly as u will get good performace in costly PCs.I guess go for Nforce chipset

LMAO .... man you are dumb ... do u mean a costly branded rig will give me more PERFOMANCE than my assembled rig ? LOL plz dont confuse people with ur stupid suggestions mahesh babu ...how can u even conclude that an expensive pc will definitely offer more perfomance ????? it is true that perfoming parts are more expensive but most of the time company's just charge extra for their BRAND NAME and nothing else.. if expense was the criteria then AMD would have never come into the picture of processors as INTEL was real expensive ...LOL

aadipa

Padawan
Mahesh Babu said:
Choose the setup which is more costly as u will get good performace in costly PCs.I guess go for Nforce chipset

Now don't make me start anying on this topic. Only thing I should say, keep your mouth off when you don't know about the subject.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@Mahesh Babu
dude, i just dun seem to understand half of your posts! wherever i read ur replies ppl start cursing you and the thread starter is totally confused! why dun u refrain from posting such things! why do u wanna make this place a hell for you?

be nice to everyone and use sensible emoticons (look in most of ur posts!) and let the mods do their jobs. hey bro, try to understand! no offence intended!

one more thing, learning never stops! if you get to learn some thing accept it and believe me it helps to accept our very own shortcomings!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well in my opinion, if you aint into heavy games and graphics i think msi rs480 mobo combo is good. but if you want decent graphics go in for nforce4 mobo coupled wid at least a GFX6600 card. otherwise stick wid the first config.

Delpiero

Journeyman
Winfast is actually made by Foxconn and it is a great choice. It is cheap ,performs great. Definitely go for Winfast mobo. Way better than MSI RS480M2-IL in terms of performance.

supersaiyan

In the zone
see man. if u r planning to buy a PCI-EX gfx card then u should go for the winfast mobo. but if u r not then buy the msi rs480-m2 . oK??!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hey afaik the msi rs480m2 mobo has a pci-x16 slot!! so if you want to save cash buy the msi mobo. you can add a gfx card later. but if you want rite now, go for winfast board but wid at least a gfx 6600 card.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
Can a 20 pin Power supply work on msi rs480m2. My dealer says it 'll work w/o any problems. Digit says that u cant add other extra devices if u use 20 pin PSU.

I have 2 hdds, cd writer, dvd rom, dlink modem pci, pinnacle pv tv tuner. Will it work ?
I'm going for Amd 64 3000+ with this mobo.

AlienTech

In the zone
Yes I use a 250Watts P4 PSU which has the 4 pin 12V and 20 pin connector, but it also has some weird half connector that you would know from the days of the AT motherboard which had 2 of em. I dont know where to connect that one to. It seems to work fine. The Board and CPU uses less than 100 watts since the Venice CPU is a low power CPU and the board itself is a low power one too. I am tickled pink with it. Because the P4 was running very hot and this runs much cooler. You can see the difference in the hot air coming out of the PSU in the back.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
for gaming both solutions aren't that good
for serious gaming take this or better

amd 2800 64bit,if it goes off production,warranty may become issue kya?
asus k8n or k8n-e dlx or better,which is better if huge diff then maybe dlx
6600gt agp

or

6600gt pci with msi rs 480 ,does it have probs,go for 754

go for 939 if you can spend more

darklord

Cyborg Agent
amd 2800 64bit,if it goes off production,warranty may become issue kya?

That doesnt happen,so dont worry.You get full warranty even if the product is doscontinued.

asus k8n or k8n-e dlx or better,which is better if huge diff then maybe dlx
6600gt agp
Well K8N & K8N-E are both based on Nforce 3 whereas the FoXConn is Nforce 4 based which is slightly a better version of chipset,sint it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom