Which of these 3 monitors should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D

deepakvrao

Broken In
See above post - Dell has stopped the 16:10 and now have only a 16:9. Bought the Benq today. Looks very good.

Thanks guys for all the help.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Desi,

This is not for movies at all. I have a HDTV and DVD and amp and spewakers for that. This is really just as a PC. I dont want another comp in the house so I thought I would just get an external monitor for my laptop. No games either.

Would it work for regular PC use then?

With all due respect Desi, that is still not a valid enough reason. Within a manufacturer there is much panel to panel variation. Yours might be a MVA/IPS [dont know] while the Dell 248 is a TN. So what you vouch for is the quality of the company iun general or its service but not for that particular monitor. Hope you get what I am saying? without offence :)

There is a world of difference between the Dell 24s itself. The IPS panel is suppossed to be way ahead.

FYI 198WFP is also a TN panel. I remember reviewer at Digt magazinequoting "hard to believe that 198wfp is TN panel based because it is so rich in color reproduction".

if it ain't for gaming and movies, get the cheapest 24" you can get.

OP
D

deepakvrao

Broken In
Thanks guys - went with the Benq but had this issue:

I wanted a 16:10 so went with the Benq BUT then this is what happened in the store:

I have a Dell Vostro 1200 with the Intel 965 with built in graphics. I was looking at buying a 24" 1920*1200 monitor as an external monitor and found that the card supports only 1600*1200 OR 1920*1440.

Now I find that its a known issue with this board.

Found an online solution of rewriting 5 lines of code in the driver software and all seems fine now :D

Few lines - monitor is bright, large and colours reasonably good. I will need to print and then see. Its a TN but viewing angles are pretty good without too much colour shifts.

Wioll try and post some pics soon.

Cant give a detailed review as I dont know enough to review a monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom