Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asus -- EN6600GTTD128

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanbee

Padawan
I know there is a sticky for graphics cards and they have been discussed to a very detailed extent but i wanted this specific info which soetimes get lost in long running threads.
A friend of mine wants to know which brand would be a good buy in the US of A. He has a budget of $200 including shipping+taxes. He is looking at the following brands:-

Chaintech 6600GT -- SE6600G -- $169
Leadtek 6600GT -- PX6600GTTDH -- $169
XFX 6600GT -- PVT43GND -- $163
Msi 6600GT -- NX6600GT-TD128E -- $176
eVGA 6600GT -- 128P2N368TX -- $169
Gigabyte 6600GT -- GVNX66T128D -- $165
Asus -- EN6600GTTD128 -- $179

Please give your opinions so that a decesion can be made. Also please mention specific model numbers to help narrow our research in this matter. Thanks for all your help people.
:)

S

sunnydiv

ddddear god

163 $$$ thats like 7000 rupee. man o man. i guess USA is the place to be for gamers :p

sumitava_b

In the zone
Leadtek is always best in performance and price. Closely comes Asus in performance, but not in price. See the comparison in the latest pcqwest mag.

rohanbee said:
I know there is a sticky for graphics cards and they have been discussed to a very detailed extent but i wanted this specific info which soetimes get lost in long running threads.

You're right about the sticky. It's so long, muddled and STICKY that I never bother to wade through it.

quad master

In the zone
Ya Gainward is the BAAP of all Nvida GPU's here in India
Nothing comes close to it.

I Vote for GainWard 6600GT

In US & UK B.F.G. is the BAAP of Nvida not available here

OP
rohanbee

rohanbee

Padawan
Found this article on 6600Gt shoot out on anandtech....................Gainward was not even on that list!!!
*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2295

quad master

In the zone
@rohanbee - Well i will suggest you to go for gainward with ur eyes closed.

Its the best no doubt.

THGC GPU Buyers Guide

If you want proof read this
*www.community.tomshardware.com/for...hics&Number=505591&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5

It clearly says BFG followed by Gainward.
Read the complete article.

Toms Hardware is a very reputed site with a lot of dedicated people.

OP
rohanbee

rohanbee

Padawan
Firstly quad master thanks for the great article. It was quite helpfull and eye opening.

But..........

It has just compounded my problems...............

Gainward has a good review but not that great either! Evga and Gigabyte seem to have gotten better reviews from what i made out after reading the article.

Plus !! i dont know wether you have read closely but in one of the lines the reviewer gives it away that he has never owned an NVIDIA card... :? hmmm thats not a very healthy sign now....is it?

OP
rohanbee

rohanbee

Padawan
Has anyone have an opinion about this one. It seems to have got good reviews at quite a few review sites:-
Leadtek WinFast PX6600 GT TDH Extreme

:arrow: www.anandtech.com says "As far as being quiet, no shroud helped. This was also one of the coolest cards that we tested, and achieved a very high overclock. Overall, the Winfast PX6600 GT TDH is a very nice implementation of a Geforce 6600 GT. "

:arrow: www.tomshardware.com says "In outward appearance, the Leadtek WinFast PX6600 GT TDH EV is rather unspectacular. The board is standard green and the cooler very compact in design. But a second glance here reveal extra-fast 1.6ns GDDR3 Samsung memory modules. With a clock speed of 550 MHz for the graphics processor and 1120 MHz for the memory modules, the card is a wolf in sheep's clothing, with outstanding 3D performance."

:arrow: www.bjorn3d.com says "Overall, the Leadtek WinFast PX6600 GT TDH is a great little card for around $200. The included bundle adds a considerable amount to the package. The software and utilities are useful and handy while the games are very popular even if they aren't all that new. The PX6600 GT's performance is quite good and at times impressive, especially when in SLI mode.

(P.s.Sorry im using up another post. Did NOT want to get mixed with my point of view expressed above. Thanks) :arrow:

OP
rohanbee

rohanbee

Padawan
Well i have been discussing this over with some people in america in another forum (sorry digit, my apologies, my loyalties still lye with thinkdigit though) the opinion over there seems to be divided between Leadtek and eVga? XFX it seems to be having a lot of problems with bad attachment of the heat sinks over the GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom