Broken In
Hello friends

My system specs are as following

Motherboard: Intel DH55TC

Processor: Intel core i3 540

Power Supply: Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK 600 Watts PSU

GPU: AMD Radeon HIS 6870 IceqX 1 GB

Monitor: LG E2041 20" @ 60Hz

I want to purchase a new full HD monitor. So far I have sort listed some models but I want suggestion from you friends if any one of you have any experience with any one of them. my budget is maximum Rs10000. Here are the selected models :-

1. Samsung 21.5 inch LED - S22B370H Monitor

2. DELL TFT ST2240L

3. LG E2360V

4. LG IPS225V

5. LG E2260V

6. AOC e2251Fw

7. Samsung S23A350H

8. Dell ST2220M

9. Viewsonic 21.5 inch LED - VA2248M

10. Viewsonic 21.5 inch LED - VX2250WM

11. Dell 21.5 inch LED - ST2220L Monitor

12. Asus VE228T

The model I underlined look better to me. But before purchasing I want some advice. I could have decided myself(with confusion) but I thought it would be good if you folks say something.

OP
S

Shekhar5

Broken In
Thanks for the reply :). Yeh that model is a good one. But what is the difference between ST2220L Monitor and Dell ST2220M. both have same specs the only difference is in nomenclature. Is ST2220L newer than ST2220M? My primary aim is gaming. isn't Samsung S22B370H good choice? And that LG IPS225V model, I think it is would not be of a real high IPS quality because it is under 10K Rs.

randomuser111

Technomancer
L has HDMI port, M doesn't.

If you wanna go IPS, avoid LG. They have lag issue for gaming. You can get Dell S2240L IPS monitor if you want IPS panel. Otherwise get ST2220L/M depending on whether HDMI is useful for you or not.

For Monitors Dell/Asus/BenQ/ are better than Samsung/LG.

apurvgupta1

Journeyman
Samsung 21.5 inch LED - S22B370H Monitor , the dell ST2220L has response rate of 5 ms while the samsung one has 2 ms. And also you can trust the Samsung brand name as they widely popular in terms of TV's, devices etc and monitors as well. Dell doesn't manufacture the monitors themselves so you shouldn't rely on them. I am using the Samsung S22B370h monitor and it's awesome, having various features like Samsung magic angle, green save etc., i think you should go for it.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

The highest rated monitors are not from Samsung. Dell/Benq/NEC/Asus make the best monitors. Just because Samsung makes TVs doesn't mean their monitors are best. Also we are not discussing brands but particular models.

OP
S

Shekhar5

Broken In
The Dell TFT ST2240L has 7 ms response time(G to G) so i think i should drop it. Now I am left with three choices Samsung S22B370H, dell ST2220L and dell ST2220M. If some more people go against Samsung I would go with dell.

apurvgupta1

Journeyman
^

The highest rated monitors are not from Samsung. Dell/Benq/NEC/Asus make the best monitors. Just because Samsung makes TVs doesn't mean their monitors are best. Also we are not discussing brands but particular models.

Source of this information? From what i have seen in delhi in cybercafes and offices that people mostly have gone for Samsung monitors. Everyone has his viewpoint anyways.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Cyber cafes don't check picture quality, same for offices. Just for example, Maruti Alto is much more common than a car like Volskwagen Polo. But it doesn't mean that Alto is better Polo :)

apurvgupta1

Journeyman
Lol, ok then go for "volkswagen" polo. Enjoy dude. :cool: Even though the response rate is high for dell you should for it. :wink:

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

Manufacturer quoited response time should be taken with a pinch of salt. Unless you provide trustworthy review data that it has much better response for games, I am going to stand by my recommendation. The Samsung monitor isn't bad, just that for the price the Dell options are slightly better.

randomuser111

Technomancer
2ms-7ms isn't a huge difference. HDTVs (best HDTVs) have 28-35ms response time. If 7 ms is not acceptable then all professional gamers will be idiots to spend money on expensive plasma and LED TVs that have much slower response time than the Dell monitor also.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
See if you can find NEC V221WG .. it has awesome picture quality, even though it's normal LED.. (much better than my Dell IN2030M anyway ;))

OP
S

Shekhar5

Broken In
So the conclusion is, I can get Dell ST2220M, Dell ST2220L or Samsung S22B370H. These three models are good so now I can decide on their availability and their price in local market. Thank you friends for your time. :):)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yep, it is full HD.. my brother has one.. he had bought it from Letsbuy for a whooping 7 K price.. but too bad it isnt available anymore :(

Top Bottom