Which mobile should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushkar

Journeyman
OK, I am a 17 year old student. I want to buy a cell as now I am going to hostel and will need a mobile. :) I am a newbie in mobile phones. This is my first mobile which I am going to use.

My budget is around Rs. 8000. I need the following features:

Should be good looking (I go a lot on looks :p)
Ease of use
MP3 Player
Memory of about 1 GB to store songs
FM
Camera (can do without it)

I am looking at Moto SLVR L7 or L7i, but I have heard that its battery life is not really nice. Which mobile do you all suggest?

Also, I would like you to suggest which cellular network is best in Delhi. I have experienced Airtel, but it sends lots of spam SMSes.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Increase your budget bit more to Rs. 9500/- and get a Sony Ericsson K750i. It comes packed with all features you want.

K

krazyfrog

My suggestion would be Nokia 5300. It looks good (its a slider) and has all great features like large, QVGA display, mp3 player, fm radio, 1.3 mpix camera, upto 2gb memory expansion with microSD (256 mb is provided with phone) and has convenient music keys. It'll be perfect for you. Another good option is SE W300i. Its a clamshell but has only VGA camera and low resolution display.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
SE K750i is no more 9.5k its available for arnd 8-8.5k incl.of all taxes,or else if u can increase ur budget by 1k then get urself Nokia 6233(Black Colour) it will cost u arnd 9K.

OP
pushkar

pushkar

Journeyman
What about the battery life of Sony Ericsson K750i and Nokia 5300? Is there any Motorola phone available with same features which I want?

K

krazyfrog

Battery life of both K750i and 5300 is good. The only motorola phones you'll get in your budget are L7i and V3i (neither recommended).

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
so u mst be looking at 5300. abt k750i its looks are not good

hey for looks i think v3i and krzr are best.
with v3i has not got FM but u can get headset with FM that shld solve da problem

if it is slim that u want then motorola is the only option man.
try to bargain krzr to 9k and get it...wait for a month and collect 1k more.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@aks 5300 looks gud and K750i dun??huh i m sure u were kidding,5300 is one of de most ugly fone by Nokia,looks pathetic,toy looks,slider is a big issue wid 5300 it gives loads of trouble.

OP
pushkar

pushkar

Journeyman
Thanks for all your suggestions. As many people told me, Sony Ericsson is the best for music. So I think I will go for one of the SE phones. I am going to check in the market tomorrow.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Answer: Which mobile should I buy?

pushkar said:
OK, I am a 17 year old student. I want to buy a cell as now I am going to hostel and will need a mobile. :) I am a newbie in mobile phones. This is my first mobile which I am going to use.

My budget is around Rs. 8000. I need the following features:

Should be good looking (I go a lot on looks :p)
Ease of use
MP3 Player
Memory of about 1 GB to store songs
FM
Camera (can do without it)

I am looking at Moto SLVR L7 or L7i, but I have heard that its battery life is not really nice. Which mobile do you all suggest?
1st all very nice dude, u asked the question giving the details. keep up ;)
waise which hostel ??

As with all the teenagers you will be satisfied with a fone only if it has Music and looks funky. :D
Camera - forget it .. all camera phones suck .. better buy a 5MP DigiCam.

Sony Ericsson's has done good in recent years in music fones specially by releasing Walkman series. bcoz the headphones are the best in market. mind you nokia sucks in this.

therefore Sony Ericsson W200i is good.
going little above I personally like Sony Ericsson Z710. It has everything that you need. (can save a little bit more to buy this one)
L7 is nice, the battery is ok.. not the best but satisfactory. it lacks FM, So ..
alternatively you can have Motorola L9, its the latest in the SLVR range, the best from Moto, good looking, sleek. It has FM, which I think Moto has realized the need to include it in every phone these days.

Also, I would like you to suggest which cellular network is best in Delhi. I have experienced Airtel, but it sends lots of spam SMSes.
As per my experience in Delhi
Hutch gives too many network problems.
AirTel is good,
as for the spam SMS .. I don't receive them anymore.. Just send 'N' to 170(tollfree). :p no promotional sms. but little expensive.

MTNL is good too. -- Its the cheapest,
always has full value coupons schemes coming every alternative month.
If you are going on roaming too much choose this one.

Third Eye

gooby pls
better to stay away from L7 coz you can send only music files via bluetooth(no software applications).a friend of mine is crying after buying it coz it got the looks only.even it is a java based,some java applications didn't run on it.W200i is a good choice.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i'd suggest not to get w200i as it lacks bluetooth. my suggestion wud be to get a k750i. old is good. u'll not regret buying it!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom