Which MMORPG should i try?

Ramu56

Journeyman
Hi guys,i want to try a MMORPG game as i have tried almost all other genres.So is there any F2P MMORPG which is worth trying with good number of Indians playing(Like in Dota2)?

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Dota 2 is not a MMORPG..
If you want to try out F2P MMORPG, I would recommend you play LOTRO..
It has very good graphics, a polished user interface and lots of quests and content all being F2P..
But you will have to buy quest packs and everything else at later levels (either by paypal or earning ingame)
fortunately, earning Turbine points ingame is very easy and it should provide lots of entertainment..

If you want browser based, Runescape is currently the no 1.. but F2P players have limited quests with no way of earning things by playing the game..
There's also warofdragons.com which is HIGGGGGGGHLY challenging game.. the divide between poor and rich is a mile wide in it.. even though its F2P, and you CAN do everything in it for free, P2P players will always own your a$$ in PVP.. :D

OP
R

Ramu56

Journeyman
Thanks for the replay.Yeah,i know that Dota2 is MOBA not MMORPG.What i mean is i want to play a MMORPG with good number of Indians like there are in Dota2.And i will surely try Lord Of The Rings Online.BTW what is the download size of it?

Last edited:

darkv0id

Journeyman
Dota 2 is not a MMORPG..
If you want to try out F2P MMORPG, I would recommend you play LOTRO..
It has very good graphics, a polished user interface and lots of quests and content all being F2P..
But you will have to buy quest packs and everything else at later levels (either by paypal or earning ingame)
fortunately, earning Turbine points ingame is very easy and it should provide lots of entertainment..

If you want browser based, Runescape is currently the no 1.. but F2P players have limited quests with no way of earning things by playing the game..
There's also warofdragons.com which is HIGGGGGGGHLY challenging game.. the divide between poor and rich is a mile wide in it.. even though its F2P, and you CAN do everything in it for free, P2P players will always own your a$$ in PVP.. :D

+1 for Lord of the Rings Online. TERA is also a good choice as far as F2P games go (It's combat is particularly action-oriented, compared to most MMOs). Another one is SW:TOR, although imho it's a classic example of F2p gone wrong.

OP
R

Ramu56

Journeyman
+1 for Lord of the Rings Online. TERA is also a good choice as far as F2P games go (It's combat is particularly action-oriented, compared to most MMOs). Another one is SW:TOR, although imho it's a classic example of F2p gone wrong.
What do you guys think about Aion? MMOBomb ranked it as 1st in top 10 MMORPG games list.
Top 10 Free MMORPG Games to Play in 2013 - MMOBomb.com

I can try all of them,but unlike MOBA and FPS games,MMORPG games are huge.So, i cannot try all of them.

darkv0id

Journeyman
What do you guys think about Aion? MMOBomb ranked it as 1st in top 10 MMORPG games list.
Top 10 Free MMORPG Games to Play in 2013 - MMOBomb.com

I can try all of them,but unlike MOBA and FPS games,MMORPG games are huge.So, i cannot try all of them.

I can't really say, since I've not played Aion. I can only tell you what I've heard. Different people will like different games, however if you like action games, I think you'll like Tera more than Aion, especially in PvP, since Aion has click-and-target combat, while TERA has realtime (dodging, attacking) combat. That said, since Aion came first on the list you mentioned, it certainly won't be bad. (Tera's not on that list since it was a P2P game when the list was published)

TERA has slightly better graphics, although both certainly look better than LOTRO. Watch a few gameplay videos to get a better idea of the gameplay differences in the three games.

Have fun!

OP
R

Ramu56

Journeyman
Are you downloading HD version ?
i dont think there will be any update after wards.. perhaps minor things
I don't know if it is HD version or now,it did not ask me anything like that.Download size is 16 GB,so i think it is HD version itself as it is huge.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
yeah it will work well.. i used to play it on a Nvidia 8200M G (The SD one that is)
But you need to turn on DX11 and other special effects to enjoy the game in its full glory

Tachyon1986

In the zone
I know you mentioned F2P MMORPGS, but I've heard good things about Guild Wars 2. Right now, there's a sale going on so you can pick it up for 40$ instead of the normal 60$. It has no subscription model unlike some of the other MMOs.

You can also try Star Trek Online (F2P) and Star Wars : The Old Republic (F2P) if sci-fi games are your kind of thing.

SWTOR was initially P2P but failed miserable and they were forced to a F2P model. Despite this transition, it still hasn't done well.

STO too was P2P and like SWTOR failed , but it's F2P model is far superior to that of SWTOR and the game continues to be popular. You don't need to pay to unlock new ships/items as you can mine in-game to get all the real-money items.

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
Everquest II is a popular MMORPG game played by many. But not sure about whether enough Indian players are there or not.

bippukt

In the zone
I played WoW (subscription) addictively for a year, and LOTRO (nominally F2P) for a few months. And both tended to suck me into their worlds!

Just be aware that unless you play very little, you will have to spend money on any game, whether it is F2P or not. Unless you want to work in-game several hours for each hour of real gameplay.

Top Bottom