Which Laptop to buy...

stanzlavos

Broken In
Hi All

I am planning on buying a high end laptop. The two I have shortlisted are (In order of preference) :

MSI GT80S 6QE (the one with GTX980M SLI)
MSI GT80S 6QD (the one with GTX970M SLI)

I also saw one from "Aorus", but I guess they do not have any service centers in India (I think MSI doesn't have their "global" service centers in India as well. :( Paid service is available though. Anyone who has got international warranty in India ?).

Anyhow, back to the point. :) The intention behind this purchase :

1) Definitely gaming. Even though I am busy these days, I'd like to keep the option open.
2) Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop. The focus stacking apps like Zerene stacker runs very slow on my current laptop (Asus G73JH). The main reason for the upgrade plan. And yes, I know that the GPUs won't help here much (though latest Lightroom has started using GPUs for some functionalities).
3) No new laptop at least for another 5 years.(My G73JH just completed 5 years :D). Most important reason to even consider this much money now. ;)

So,

1) There is a good amount of difference between the two. Is the 980M SLI one worth that much ?
2) Is there any other options that any of you would like to suggest ?
3) I was considering a desktop as well (have a config of the same price ready as well). But there is a chance that I might have to relocate within the next year. So the mobility factor creeps in.

Help me out guys... :)

If you will move once in the next 5 years, then why buy a laptop ? Better get a desktop. Laptop is helpful only if you want to work/play on the move

OP
S

stanzlavos

Broken In
If you will move once in the next 5 years, then why buy a laptop ? Better get a desktop. Laptop is helpful only if you want to work/play on the move

Hi... I said I will have to move within the next year. And that, If I do buy a laptop or desktop, it should be of good enough spec to last at least 5 years. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Get azom laptops
Second choice must be alienware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had not heard about AZOM systems. Seems legit. Lemme see if I can get what I need for the price I want. :p

Ans Alienware ? Definitely not from my side. They always seem to overprice their products. MSI/Asus (I have an Asus G73JH. Just complete 5 years. :D ) would be a better option I feel. :)

OP
S

stanzlavos

Broken In
Alienware seems vfm now compared to msi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you suggest a model ? I did search a bit. For a particular spec, the Alienware always seems to be overpriced compared to the other brands. :)

I talked to the guys at Azom. They don't keep the Clevo P870DM (the one that supports SLI). He said he could get one for me but with no warranty (well then I could by from US I suppose :)). Anyhow, the price that he offered for the spec, with the Clevo that he does keep was awesome (compared to the price for the same spec from other brands).

lakeshl

Right off the assembly line
You have to prefer Dell laptop. For dell laptop there is many service center are there throughout India.
Dell give international warranty.

Check the below link. For more details.
Dell Authorised Service center in Adyar, Tambaram, Chenna

Top Bottom