Which laptop among these models?

vipulgreattt

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
<65k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
15" if its very light
3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Sony, ASUS, Lenovo thinkpad

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Browsing etc. Movies, occasional gaming, counter strike 1.6 mostly (2-3 hours) (low demanding game). long term studying

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Matte preferably (900p at least)

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Here are the three models that I have shortlisted based on my needs. (portability and GPU with reliable brand).
The one with 15" and full HD sounds great, but it weighs 2kg (300g more than rest two models.). You think this is quite heavy? Also others dont have such screen, but smaller size. Does smaller size causes heating of laptops?? (this is what I heard from friends).

Sony VAIO S15125CN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Sony: Flipkart.com

Sony VAIO S13125CN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Sony: Flipkart.com

SONY VAIO S13118GN LAPTOP (can be had for <65k)

Last edited:

gkhemka

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
<65k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
15" if its very light
3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Sony, ASUS, Lenovo thinkpad

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Browsing etc. Movies, occasional gaming, counter strike 1.6 mostly (2-3 hours) (low demanding game). long term studying

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Matte preferably (900p at least)

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Here are the three models that I have shortlisted based on my needs. (portability and GPU with reliable brand).
The one with 15" and full HD sounds great, but it weighs 2kg (300g more than rest two models.). You think this is quite heavy? Also others dont have such screen, but smaller size. Does smaller size causes heating of laptops?? (this is what I heard from friends).

Sony VAIO S15125CN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Sony: Flipkart.com

Sony VAIO S13125CN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Sony: Flipkart.com

SONY VAIO S13118GN LAPTOP (can be had for <65k)

I think option 1 is the best definitely.. go for it no question. Higher res screen and more memory on the video card.

Top Bottom