Which lappy 2 buy : dell vs leveno vs HP vs IBM

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ankushkool

ankushkool

Youngling
yes i hav decided 2 go 4 either compaq or dell with c2d n 1GB ram n 128 MB in built graphics card
now is de matt screen(with no glare) better or de glossy one(wider viewing angle)???

rixone

Right off the assembly line
ankushkool said:
yes i hav decided 2 go 4 either compaq or dell with c2d n 1GB ram n 128 MB in built graphics card
now is de matt screen(with no glare) better or de glossy one(wider viewing angle)???

Screens (matte or glossy) are a matter of personal choice. Both have their pros and cons. I prefer matte as there is no reflection. Glossy screens enhance colour and are vibrant. The quality of pictures and videos is much better in Glossy screens.

I suggest you to try out both the options at a shop or at a friend's place before taking a final decision.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
They did not repair.... they replaced the H/W that was faulty. And yeah, they never asked what happened. Replaced it without any questions at all. All I had to do was to get the laptop to the service station.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
A little over a month ago I bought Compaq Presario V6000 (V6112AU) and it came with AMD Turion 64X2 1.66Mhz, NVidia 6150, 1GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM, 120GB HDD, 8X Dual Layer DVD Writer, in-built Altec Lansing Speakers, Fax/Modem, Network Card, Witeless Lan 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth Wireless PAN 2.0, 5-in-1 Digital Media Reader (reads SD, XD, Mmc, Memory Stick, Memory Stick pro etc), Express Card/54 slot, Windows Vista

I am pretty happy with it also does a pretty good job for gaming, the wi-fi is really amazing. I paid Rs.43000/- 36 days ago.

Although I am a hard core Intel fan I chose AMD64X2 over Intel Core 2 Duo bcoz of the price factor...AMD64x2 costed (I think) around Rs.8000 to Rs.10000

So far I haven't had any problems with the laptop...I just added another 1GB of RAM to it...also played NFS Carbon, FryCry & Never Winter Nights wihtout any problems. The battery lasts 165 minutes in "Maximum Power Savings" settings & 90 minutes in "Maximum Performance" settings.

premsharma

In the zone
caleb said:
A little over a month ago I bought Compaq Presario V6000 (V6112AU) and it came with AMD Turion 64X2 1.66Mhz, NVidia 6150, 1GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM, 120GB HDD, 8X Dual Layer DVD Writer, in-built Altec Lansing Speakers, Fax/Modem, Network Card, Witeless Lan 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth Wireless PAN 2.0, 5-in-1 Digital Media Reader (reads SD, XD, Mmc, Memory Stick, Memory Stick pro etc), Express Card/54 slot, Windows Vista

I am pretty happy with it also does a pretty good job for gaming, the wi-fi is really amazing. I paid Rs.43000/- 36 days ago.

Although I am a hard core Intel fan I chose AMD64X2 over Intel Core 2 Duo bcoz of the price factor...AMD64x2 costed (I think) around Rs.8000 to Rs.10000

So far I haven't had any problems with the laptop...I just added another 1GB of RAM to it...also played NFS Carbon, FryCry & Never Winter Nights wihtout any problems. The battery lasts 165 minutes in "Maximum Power Savings" settings & 90 minutes in "Maximum Performance" settings.

That is what I have been shouting from rooftops that AMD X2 lappy is better than Intel because of motherboards & onboard graphics use on them and they are cheaper too. By saving arround 10,000 and still you get onboard graphics, which is 3 times superior to Intel GMA 950 etc

I have another version of it i.e V3228AU which is not X2 and is without Vista, it is with free DOS. Cost is arround Rs 31000. It has same NVidia 6150 onboard
graphics.

The point here is not IBM, HP, Compaq, Acer & Dell, Sony etc. Any company's AMD lappy is better and cheaper than Intel from the onboard graphics point of view, and that is what is required in most of the cases. Acer AMD lappy has got ATI onboard graphic, Del;l AMD lappy has Nvidia I think like wise. The advantage od HP & compaq is its Imprint Technology used.

Hi
I am not a regular in Digit Forums, i am more of a CHIP guys.

I was just surfing around, so i came upon a google search about this thread. And guess what, i just got a COmpaq v6305 ,which my DAD got from the US for Rs33,000 (it was like less than $800 without bags etc etc)It has Turion X2 processor,1 GB RAM,100 GB HDD(only 94GB usable i dont know why) and Geforce6150. Dad also got me an iPOD and a Video Player(both he got for a good deal on eBay)
*img519.imageshack.us/img519/9046/dscn0346rd0.th.jpg
*img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0346rd0.jpg

I gotta tell u, this lappy is awesome, it has lots of free game installed from HP,courtesy of Jowood and other publication, free 60day trail of MS Office 2007 and lots of freebees. Apart from the good hardware and decent graphic card, i really love the piano black matte finish. It looks awesome. My friends with SONY VAIO are like- "this laptop looks too expensive than it is". And thats true. This laptop is true flaunt value.

Just dont get touchy with it.Like my IPOD, it is a fingerprint magnet...

Hey Caleb, i dont want the Backup partition on my Compaq v6 .Is it okay if i merge it with C drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom