which is your favourite weapon for deathmatching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Well my fav. gun is both in Quake 3 and UT is =>
MINI REVOLVER

HAHAHAHA
just kidding,
Well my fav. is =>
Rocket Launcher in UT 04

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
For UT 04 hell its the FLAK CANNON.
Its too powerful when hit within certain range.Its ALT fire is also GR8.
Rocket Launcher is also good but not as powerful as the flak cannon.
I really hate the sniper nd lightning gun.They are tad slow

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Q3 - Rocket Launcher and Plasma Gun hehehehe ;)
UT2K4 - flak cannon.

Oh and on a side note how many of you switch guns midway ? During online gaming esp in Quake 3 the guys used to rocket u once and plasma u and ur dead in no time. I learnt it from them. geez those guys are good!

fnatic@play

Broken In
icecoolz said:
Oh and on a side note how many of you switch guns midway ? During online gaming esp in Quake 3 the guys used to rocket u once and plasma u and ur dead in no time. I learnt it from them. geez those guys are good!

dude... switchin weapons to the situation is wat the entire arsenal is for ... :D u gotta use weapons wisely... there is NO single weapon for all 'occassions'!!! :p

play ut2k4... if u wud like to... no offense to q3..( like that too).. but ut 2k4 is jus better n gives u a better, more interestin gameplay. :D

enjoy.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Switching weapons is absolutely necessary. For example, in "The Longest Mile" arena, you can snipe easily from the Rail Gun spawn point. But if any other player decides to come to you using the jump gates, it's imperative that you have to whip out the shotgun to make mince-meat of him mid-air! Railing him would be a nightmare at such close quarters.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Oh you guys wouldnt believe the no of people that dont ever switch guns. I only asked this just to see how the guys were.

ctrl_alt_del, what you say is true, however I am not talking w.r.t that. I am talkin w.r.t changing guns to do combinations in a fight. Shoot once with Rocket Launcher and then with machine gun is one combo there are so many like that. Thats what I was curious about.....

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Oh, got your point. I have used that combination sometimes but not a lot. Mostly the Rail Gun acts as a one shot kill and the Lightining Gun works best in long bursts. So mostly I end up switching between rocket launcher, Shotgun and Machine Gun. And oh, sometimes I first weaken the opponent by strafing around him, showering him with lead from Machinegun/shotgun and then close in with the Gauntlet for a "Humiliation" kill! :)

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Oh yes, you have to switch weapons all the time. Maybe not THAT much in Q3A, but you definitely need to do that in UT2004 or you're dead - real fast! Take the example of Q3A. The weapons that do the most splash damage are the Rocket launcher, the plasma gun and of course the BFG. So it makes a lot of sense to whip out the rocket launcher and take out a lot of health from the other person and to switch to a weapon like a plasma gun (if the person is close enough and you need a high rate of fire) or the shotgun (if the opponent is at a low-medium distance and any contact with the shotgun pellets is immediately fatal because of its spread) to finish them off.

When it comes to UT2004 its a major hassle, especially in the ONS mode. You would need to use the AvRIL to take out land based vehicles, the lightning gun to "soften up" the airborne vehicles before taking them out with the AvRIL, switch to the Link Gun to (chain)/heal your node/vehicles as well as inflict damage, switch to the rocket launcher's primary fire for maximum splash damage then switching to the combo fire or the Flak cannon or the chaingun to finish them off, depending on the distance they're away from you. Switching weapons effectively to rake up a frag might just prove extremely critical as that would mean you may just have enough time to get the node under your control so you can spawn at it. :D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
if u have a real good aim , nothing beats rail gun/sniper rifle . but in close combats flak cannon is the best

fnatic@play

Broken In
all DM 1 on 1 are played best wen u move perfectly... n aim properly.. using the PROPER WEAPONS.. all weapons have some use...... usin them to the fullest is wat its all abt!! eg- shield gun in UT2k4... most o my friends neglected finally i had to make em understand :p..... kiddin.. but.. many don use tat awesome gun!!

supersaiyan

In the zone
i played quake 3 once and never played it again. ne ways i have played ut all versions and my favourite gun is the minigun and the sniper rifle.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
***thread resurrection***

im amazed how come lightening gun ( Q3 ) hasnt come in the list till..
it has the highest rate of health damage .. and you dont damage yourself in close combat (as in plasma)
and if u see quake vidz on net .. you'll notice its very widely used
of course im not comparing with Rockel Launcher :)

-----
alibi

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
aah .. too fast .. and too easily hurt urself
and most imp. too less bullets in map
damn i hate it in that gun in q3tourney6 map :)

-----
alibi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom