Which is the best AntiVirus among the following???

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hi Guys!

Which is the best AV among the following...

1. Nod32
2. F-Secure
3. Avast
4. BitDefender

Security is the most important concern. So please recommend keeping that in mind.

Chao.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
from your option, NOD32.

but my suggestion, same as @gaurav_indian ->, Kaspersky Internet Security.

its also light on resources.

Alfansey06

Broken In
Another antivirus thread, see old threads

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43532
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42641
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42006
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41908
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41738
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38158
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38148
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38988

soham

In the zone
If security is the top priority you have failed to mention NAV 2007 which offers top notch protection and is lighter than the previous versions. Check out PC World or PC Mag for the review.

planetcall

Indian by heart
I don't vote for Security suites. It is better to have different antivirus and firewalls. The reason is that the tight coupling of the antivirus and Firewall in Security suites allow the entire security to be crippled if one flaw is found in the system. Otherwise, if the security of antivirus is compromised then firewall will still be active and vice versa.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
planetcall said:
I don't vote for Security suites. It is better to have different antivirus and firewalls. The reason is that the tight coupling of the antivirus and Firewall in Security suites allow the entire security to be crippled if one flaw is found in the system. Otherwise, if the security of antivirus is compromised then firewall will still be active and vice versa.
i have ZoneAlarm Pro FireWall & Kaspersky Internet Security 6.

about firewall, during Kaspersky installation, it gives us the option of not installing its some components, like firewall/anti spyware..., i did not select its firewall. (KIS firewall is not installed).

so if we have our hands on a good/better Firewall, then we have the option of installing it too.

one bright side of Security suite is, less memory consumption, (& only one process).
before KIS i had AVG free, Windows Defender, ZA firewall Pro, & the resource consumption was around 30MB total (avg= least, defender=max) & now i have only ZA+KIS, & same resource consumption. (30-40mb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom