which is the best amd motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Asus A8N-E does not have onboard graphics .. its the best under 7k if u plan to buy a separate gpu , if not i think the MSI RS482 is the best with onboard graphics and a stunning price of around 5.5k.

cyrux

In the zone
i got a gigabyte ga-k815xxx nforce 430 chipset and nvidia geforce 6100 integrated on it for 5k ...just yesterday

h_kunte

Journeyman
Mobo with onboard grafix : MSI RS 482 IL

Mobo without onboard grafix : ASUS A8N-E

Amongst the 2, ASUS is better in terms of overclocking features....For cost factor, MSI stands better.

HK

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Go for ASUS A8N-E, bought it just a few days ago, great performer. Have u bought the procy. if not then go for VENICE core and Revision DH-E6, it has new added instructions, comsumes less power and say bye bye to heating problems. I have an AMD64 3000+ 939 Venice with ASUS A8N-E and the temperature never goes beyond 45C at max load.

comrade

foreign return(0)
cyrux said:
i got a gigabyte ga-k815xxx nforce 430 chipset and nvidia geforce 6100 integrated on it for 5k ...just yesterday

true perhaps the best amd motherboard with onboard graphics.
4.6k couple of weeks ago.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
khandu said:
No one suggsting MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI .. why so ?? just asking

He needs a sub 7k mobo dats why nobody is suggesting MSI K8N NE04 PLATINUM / SLI. They are priced over 7k.

geekysage

Journeyman
If you overclock, or plan to, DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D would be the best choice. I am using one myself and it just blows off the competition.

Otherwise, Asus has always been and will be a dependable good performer.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Buy a8n-vm if u want onboard video. I think that is the only basic difference betweem a8n-e and a8n-vm. U can always add a pci-e gfx card to a8n-vm when required.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
john_the_ultimate said:
Buy a8n-vm if u want onboard video. I think that is the only basic difference betweem a8n-e and a8n-vm. U can always add a pci-e gfx card to a8n-vm when required.

no dude .. ASUS A8N-VM is based on the NVIDIA GeForce6150 Northbridge - NVIDIA nForce 430 MCP Southbridge whereas the ASUS A8N-E does not have a Northbridge. It has a Nvidia Nforce4 Ultra Southbridge. The chipset is totally different and so will be the perfomance. Asus A8n-Vm is just for users who want onboard video with low quality gaming and hardly any overclocking. ASUS A8N-E is far more superior in these areas and when coupled with a good PCI-E graphics card it will leave the A8N-VM miles behind. Guys correct me if I am wrong here.

also check this link for comparison and decision making regarding the various nvidia chipsets available,
*www.nvidia.com/page/mobo.html

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
A8N-E costs Rs.5800 here in Kolkata.

Here are your choices for graphics card, they are the best in their categories.

Sub 6k graphics card: XFX Geforce 6600 256MB PCI-ex
Sub 10k graphics card: XFX Geforce 6600GT 128MB PCI-ex
Sub 15k graphics card: XFX 6800GS 256MB PCI-ex
Sub 20k graphics card: Powercolor X800XL 256MB PCI-ex
Sub 30k graphics card: XFX 7800GT 256MB
Over 30k: XFX 7800GTX 256MB
Over 45k: 7800GTX 512MB (not sure which brand here distributes it).

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
mohit said:
john_the_ultimate said:

no dude .. ASUS A8N-VM is based on the NVIDIA GeForce6150 Northbridge - NVIDIA nForce 430 MCP Southbridge whereas the ASUS A8N-E does not have a Northbridge. It has a Nvidia Nforce4 Ultra Southbridge. The chipset is totally different and so will be the perfomance. Asus A8n-Vm is just for users who want onboard video with low quality gaming and hardly any overclocking. ASUS A8N-E is far more superior in these areas and when coupled with a good PCI-E graphics card it will leave the A8N-VM miles behind. Guys correct me if I am wrong here.

also check this link for comparison and decision making regarding the various nvidia chipsets available,
*www.nvidia.com/page/mobo.html

That is what I was trying to tell that, rather going into details of architecture and components and performance, A8N-VM has onboard video where A8N-E doesnot. Sorry if I was not clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom