which is the best amd motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
vikas_r_s said:
does asus a8ne have chipset fan problem?
it is said that it is too noisy and dies after 3-4 months

Yes A8N-E does have a chipset fan and the problem u have mentioned was with the revision1 mobo. Now the a8n-e mobo available in the market is revision2 or later and the chipset fan problem is solved. Yes it is noisy but not much and it's due to high RPM fan (around 5000-5500 rpm).

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
As far as mobo is concerned A8N-SLI is same with fan or without it. And one could always replace the chipset fan with heatsink and vice versa or with a better hsf combination than the bundled one.

paul_007

Padawan
i think MSI RS482M-IL Motherboard is the best cause it can play all the games till date at lower resolution at good framerates without any video card

KKK

Broken In
Man simply put,i suppose you mean MSI K8N Neo4 PLATINUM and the ASUS A8N-E!!
the only difference is that the MSI supports Dual Gigabit LAN while the ASUS board does not!!
that was the difference i could spot when i was on the hunt...and settled for the ASUS!
ASUS board is about 5800+ bucks while the MSI costs about 8K!

KoRn

In the zone
hey guys can u give me the name of a mobo with no onboard graphics which has nforce and can handle most games under low settings for a budget of 5000/-.
thanx...

Kniwor

Learner
KoRn said:
hey guys can u give me the name of a mobo with no onboard graphics which has nforce and can handle most games under low settings for a budget of 5000/-.
thanx...
what rediculous question....

how can a motherboard with no onboard graphics handle most games....
u have to put graphics card in it, and if u put Geforce 7800 it will handle all games at high/Ultra high settings.... (leave alone F.E.A.R)

andysmith45

Broken In
I am planning on getting a Athlon64 3000+, XFX Geforce 6600 (256 MB), 256*2 MB DDR400 Kingston RAM, Seagate 200 GB SATA HDD, 400W iball OR 450W Mercury, BenQ DW-1640, and Creative Audigy2 ZS (fom my old sysem). I am going to choose among the following mobos:

1. Asus A8N-E
2. MSI RS-482

But I have heard that nforce 4/410/430 based mobos can cause data corruption, slow winxp bootup among others. Has anyone experienced.

As far as the MSI RS-482 board is concern, I have heard that it may cause high cpu temperatures as well as incompactability with many games and softwares and will require patching. Has anyone experienced such issues.

I am not going to connect my hard drive in RAID nor am I going to overclock nor am I going to use the onboard video/firewall/sound if any. But I am going to use teh onboard LAN to connect to my adsl modem.

andysmith45

Broken In
One more thing, how do I identify revision2 of Asus A8N-E mobo. Also, has anyone had data corruption issues with A8N-VM mobos too?

KKK

Broken In
i also want to know how to differentiate between revisions of A8N-E!!
and guys Does use of SATA II assures no data corruption?????

*forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=29&threadid=1771160

read post by "ST" in the above forum!!

KKK

Broken In
EURAKAAAAAAAAA!!!

i found it on their website,the link is given below:

*support.asus.com/technicaldocuments/technicaldocuments.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&root=252

and after going to this link one may wonder how easy it is to know the mobo and bios revision!!!

KoRn

In the zone
mohit said:
Asus A8N-E does not have onboard graphics .. its the best under 7k if u plan to buy a separate gpu , if not i think the MSI RS482 is the best with onboard graphics and a stunning price of around 5.5k.

hey suppose i buy this MSI RS482 by ASUS wit onboard graphics can i add a new graphics card to it??? and how much is its total capacity with regards to ram and how gud is dis onboard graphics card like can it handle most games even at medium settings???????
is it PCi-e compatiable????

KoRn

In the zone
mohit said:
Asus A8N-E does not have onboard graphics .. its the best under 7k if u plan to buy a separate gpu , if not i think the MSI RS482 is the best with onboard graphics and a stunning price of around 5.5k.

hey suppose i buy this MSI RS482 by ASUS wit onboard graphics can i add a new graphics card to it??? and how much is its total capacity with regards to ram and how gud is dis onboard graphics card like can it handle most games even at medium settings???????

mohit

The Hardware Labs
KoRn said:
mohit said:

buddy ASUS and MSI are different companies. So you either buy an ASUS board or an MSI board. I suggest you go for the MSI RS482 . It is PCIE compatible and the onboard graphics are decent to handle games at low settings. U can add a new pci-e graphics card later when you want to. I think it suppors 4GB of ram (not sure).

KoRn

In the zone
wats its price my budget is 5000 and i have a p4 1.6ghz...will it run on dat????/
BTW can u give me the link of dis specific board so i can check out its features...if its beyong my budget please suggest anotha board with onboard graphics which can handle most games at low/med settings...like css thanx...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom