Which is da BEST brand of Ati HD4850

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the benchmaks of serveral HD4850s on tech websites. Since they usually dont use the same brand, it gets difficult to know which brand or manufacturer of that particular 4850 is best, In some site HD4850 gets beaten by 9800GTX+ while other sites show the reverse.
In CHIP the HD4850 that has 685MHZ clockspeed is rated higher than 9800GTX+, but all the other HD4850 with 625MHZ clcokspeed are rated lower than 9800GTX+
I would like to know the details of these GPUs. Which brand are they? And what r their costs?
Moreover, if u guys look at the GPUs at no.13,no.14 and no.15.... its kinda shocking. Here is how its shown

Procesor-------------------------Memory Size--------Crysis---------Quake Wars--------World in Conflict--------Company of Heroes
nVIDIA Geforce 9800GTX+ ----512 DDR3------------35-----------65---------------------83-----------------------35
Ati Radeon HD4850------------1GB DDR3-------------34------------62--------------------73-------------------------43
Ati Radeon HD4850------------512 DDR3-------------33------------62--------------------74--------------------------41

Unfortunately CHIP didnt mention the barnd names of these GPUs. Although the 685 MHZ version of HD4850 beats 9800GTX+ hand down, the inferior lower clocked 625MHZ version get pretty owned left and right top down center... Shocking was the low performance the 1GB version of HD4850, which costs the same as Zotac 9800GTX+

Now my queries--
1) Whats the clock frequency of Palit HD4850 512MB. My freind plans to buy this. Hope its not 625MHZ else he'll get royaly owned :D
2) Is Anand Tuliani's Chip Center reviews and becnhmarks as reliable as Toms Hardware or Anandtech ?? Despite the cross-locking of their opinions ??
3) Please give the name of any HD4850 which has 685MHZ core clock speed
4) Plz give the name of the HD4850 with 1 GB which has only 625 MHZ core clock speed

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Palit Sonic is a dual slot is factory overclocked and performs marginally better than stock 4850.
just search for palit hd 4850 sonic reviews.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Also performance of cards very with each driver release and it cud sometimes favor some games or the opposite. Chip reviews are almost reliable.
4850 sonic comes at 9k range.
wats ur other system specs?

Last edited:

Gowt1ham

Gowt1ham
go for palit and change the stock to zalman or thermaltake cooler.
We can easily overclock above 675mhz (core speed).

I feel sonic is better, bcoz it will be cheaper than card+custom cooler.

almost the same price gts 250 is slightly better.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
You asked about the Best Brand for HD4850. Sapphire should be the one.
As for better driver and compatibility, the users can better provide clarifications. For an ATi owner, i dont think there is any driver or compatibility issues. Support for older gen games is different thing. Coming to Nvidia, same thing is applicable here too.
GTS 250 is nothing but a rebadged 9800GTX+. See, ATi is actually upgrading technology and fragments in its upcoming and newer gen cards. Nvidia on the other hand is rebadging the old gen series with the latest one. Just for luring, they introduce something new to go well with the latest gen product. i.e. 8800GT<-->9800GT, 9800GTX+<-->GTS250.
Pity..! :p
So, in the end the decision is again stuck in midst of famous War between ReD and GreEN! Neither one will back out as long as their respective owners are present.
Make your own judgment. Atleast you'll be happy for whatever you've decided and owned.
Good Luck.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom