Which is better RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Hey people,

Please let me know which would be better option for RAM.

1)12 GB 1333 mhz
2)24 GB 1066 mhz

The primary purpose for the pc would be gaming..

Thanks..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hey people,

1)12 GB 1333 mhz
2)24 GB 1066 mhz

Thanks..

are u sure? the ram is for gaming? looks more like for some workstation or server.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hey people,

1)12 GB 1333 mhz
2)24 GB 1066 mhz

Thanks..

So much RAM. What is the purpose. You will put 4GB x 6 DIMMs on a X58..?

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Well I am planning to go for alienware in month of may...

I have talked to dell people and they say that hopefully aurora area51 would be available by may with customization options..That is why i am asking...

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
And to think I thought 8 GB was over kill :X . Id seriously reconsider the amount of RAM you are pushing in your box. You might as well save that money and put it into a sick GPU or something.

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Hey as i said i am planning to go for alienware with reasonably high config so that my pc could be future proof for atleast 4-5 years..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
1. Alienware is way to over priced. If you mention your budget -- we can suggest a better performing system for cheaper price.
2. 24GB is way way to much RAM. 4 GB is ideal, 6-8 GB is the most you should go.
3. Depends what you want to do with your system to qualify for 4-5 years of future proof status.

Let us know. Best of luck.

jayantr7

In the zone
24 gb iz only a waste of money........8 gbiz at most....alienware computers are bit overpriced...it depends upon for wat purpose u will use ur comp for?if animation and game #production then 12 gb do everything.... :p
#gaming?then also 12 gb
#internet
#blah...blah..blah

don't waste money at 24 gb...take 12 gb +intel core i7 975 extreme edition and also take geforce 400's sries graphics cards

Manasvi Singh

Right off the assembly line
12 GB 1366Mhz is better b,coz the clock rate is more as compared to 2nd one. I think this one is DDR3. Now a days tripple channel is on role.

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Thanks alot for the suggestions..

As told by sigh,i have created a new thread for the complete rig...

Thanks again for suggestion..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom