which is best firewall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
anandk said:
i think i am inclined to disagree. could run avast+za fw comfortably.

I have Avast! antivirus installed in my system. I did get warning message from Zone Alarm Firewall after its installation. One can bypass this warning & continue, but warning messages cannot be ignored-to be in safer side.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
kiran.rkk said:
I have Avast! antivirus installed in my system. I did get warning message from Zone Alarm Firewall after its installation. One can bypass this warning & continue, but warning messages cannot be ignored-to be in safer side.

I also have been using Zone Alarm Firewall with Avast AV for more than 2 years without any problem but recently the combination started showing error messages and I have changed to ZA + AVG Free both at home and in the office

anandk

Distinguished Member
kiran.rkk said:

these/such warnings are there to inform u of any changes being made to ur system, and sure enuff ANY sw on its installation or on its update will make changes to the registry, etc. za is informing u about it. click 'ok' also tick 'always' and create a rule for ur za fw. in future it will bother u only with new alarms :)

janitha

Wise Old Owl
At the time of installation, there is a message saying that there is some compatibility issue with ZA and Avast which they are trying to sort out.
@anandk
I am not talking about the warnings from ZA but probable incompatibility between the two.

anandk

Distinguished Member
janitha said:
At the time of installation, there is a message saying that there is some compatibility issue with ZA and Avast which they are trying to sort out.
@anandk
I am not talking about the warnings from ZA but probable incompatibility between the two.

strange, ttbomk, there r no known compatibilty issues btwn za & avast. in fact the coexistence of those two is stunning ! on my desktop i have zass and avast running peacefully ! make sure u r using the latest versions of both.

nevertheless then don't install the network shield. select custom install (in avast) and un-click network shield. this network shield acts as a partial software firewall and could perhaps b causing conflicts with za.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
anandk said:
strange, ttbomk, there r no known compatibilty issues btwn za & avast. in fact the coexistence of those two is stunning ! on my desktop i have zass and avast running peacefully ! make sure u r using the latest versions of both.

nevertheless then don't install the network shield. select custom install (in avast) and un-click network shield. this network shield acts as a partial software firewall and could perhaps b causing conflicts with za.

Not only the warning message, it slowed down booting. It was same in my home and office machines which began to take 3 minutes and more to boot. If you still find it surprising, pl visit-

*www.webuser.co.uk/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/192728/an/0/page/9
*fileforum.betanews.com/review/1023831973/1/view
And I have been using the latest versions only

anandk

Distinguished Member
same thing stated in the first link : 'no know compatibility issues btwn za and avast...'
ya 2nd one has lot of guys dscusng their disstisfaction about za free.
...but then, each to his own... :)

nevertheless u can try posting ur problm in the za forum at *www.zonelabs.com/store/content/sup...jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en&lid=ts_userforum

and ya, za doz slow-down boot-up...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I was not saying there is anything wrong with ZA which I have been using for years and still use. I just changed the AV to AVG Free. Avast also worked fine for years until recentlly when the said problem cropped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom