Which Is Best Car For Under Rs. 6 Lakhs??

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D

dragonball

Broken In
The Specs I Would Consider Buying a car are:-

1) Total Horse Power, PS. I like a car which would accelerate very quickly( like 0-100 in 5 seconds........!!!!! :) )
2) Suspensions(Inside Comfort), Lesser Noise.

aliasghark

who? what?
And what I'd love to own is the new Honda City ... Its so coooooollll!!! Why doesn't anybody take a test ride??

Guys, look out for the upcoming Honda FR-V! Something tells me it will be one big SuperHit in India. I think it should be in India by mid 2005.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Best Car For You

You should opt for Maruti Zen.All it's models like - LX,VX,VXi etc. are within ur budget.Maruti is no. 1 in Indian Car industry.Which one u r planning for - PETROL or DIESEL car?The new shape of Zen is so stylish and beautiful.Go for a test drive 2DAY. :wink:

pantheratigris

Broken In
Depends on what you are looking for. The ViVa is good but dont you think it looks outdated? There are better cars. if you want good value for money then Indigo is the best. But you want a midsize car. If you want an SUV then you can go in for the scorpio but remember that the maintainence may be high as also difficulty in driving and parking in the city. Therefore it is best for you to go in for a midsize or small care. Just think about the new Esteem. ALthough its old now but the long term cost is cheaper like maintainence. When you buy a car you must think about what youll do with it. However if you really like the Viva so much then go for it. But if you wait a couple of months you can get your hand on a newere vehicle- Hyundai Getz in the same price range. There are quite a few new models coming up. Just think and look before you leap!

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
dude first of all, b reasonable with ur demands. none of the mid size cars available in India can do 0-100 in 5 seconds-they aint ferraris u know. scorpio is a gr8 car. u get an SUV 4 the price of a sedan. plus it's the feel u get when u drive an SUV that makes the scorpio a good choice. even the accent is pretty good.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
for ikon has slashed the prices by about 40000 rs, so presently in monetary terms thats the best vehicle u can get

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Accent - overall a good car in terms of performance....problem lies in its build..just isnt sturdy enuff....u could probably put dents in the just by punching it...

Indigo - defenitely worth a look esp for its pricing....however performance at high speeds are bad. Try breaking hard at 100KM and the car skids almost ending up sideways...

CORSA - agreed, best suspension absolutely no road noise (I know this after driving the IKON, ACCENT and the INDIGO). Power is a problem (esp with the AC on!!) I still went for this one just because its more stable than the rest. Also I did a cool 150 km/hr when I went to Chennai from Bangalore...not bad eh... ANd since we are saying the 6Lakhs rage then I am including the road tax as well (cos this is a whopping amount in Bangalore!!) hence I havent compared the IKON 1.6 and above cos they are all above 6.6. Dont even think ford FLAIR..geez who would wanna pay 5.5 lacs for a vehicle which has 72 BHP!!!

HONDA CITY - The new looks are debatable. However the car itself is quite amazing. Autocar India says that the car gives 26KM/LITRE (Holy S**T!!!) but after doing some talkin more realistic is around 17-19 which is still more than any car in this segment. And its become more more affordable as well. Plus it comes with all the HONDA features such a huge iteriors, safety and stability. Still 8 lacs...so think abt it...

I personally will reccomend waitin for a bit as there are some new players entering the market. BMW (yes BMW) are setting up a plant in Gujarat, NISSAN has just entered the SUV market. And talkin of SUV's...how abt the Hyundai Terracan!!...Its is amazing people...check it out!!....I cant wait to get my hands on a 'B'MER (thats a BMW tw). Drive one of those and u dont wanna drive anything else..

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Fiat Petra...Performace and built and....wait let put it this way...
Best performance to price ratio....huh thats what they call ...Give it try tough !!!!

plasmafire

Journeyman
hey guyz hav u forgotten the mileage aspect?? 41 rs..petrol

i'd say suvs guzzle on that..city is best if i remember right..anybody, more light on exact pricing n mileage of

1 accent
2 scorpio(love the car's attitude)
3 ikon(petrol drunkard)
4 petra(new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom