which, in ur opinion is the only prgramming language one nee

which, in ur opinion is the only prgramming language one needs to learn?

• perl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • php

• java

• c

• (v)/c++

• (v)/c#

• vb

• ada

• you are a fool. there are others :twisted:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
The best way to find out is to go thru the job classifieds for some days and have a look at the demand from employers.

OP
G

geekgod

Journeyman
so, thnx to popular demands, i decide to conquer c(or die trying :D ). and as i wish to be self taught, i thought about following this pattern
gottfried->ritchie-kerningham->robert sedgewick->fiuer&fiuer.
what do u think of it?

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
geekgod said:
does it mean that u prefer c over python
Yes of course.... C is the Grand Daddy of languages... i like python coz my work is in python only, but C still remains the grand daddy...

If you take oops features of c++ , platform independence of java, simplicity of python, ease of writing Perl..... then also, C still remains the grand daddy of all languages...

NikhilVerma

Padawan
C rulez Man!!!

If all programming languages were represented as buildings then C would say...

"Hey! how weather down there"...

tuxfan

Technomancer
sniper said:
all u will ever need is Assembly, u dont need anything else if ur good at assembly
:shock: :shock: :shock: But how long does it take to master Assembly!?! And even if you master it, there are so many things that you need to take care of while programming!! Learning and implementing something like C would be far easier. And when something like C satisfies all the programming needs, why should someone bother to go thru the trouble of learning Assembly. I don't think I will use an AK-47 if a plain simple revolver does my job ;)

sniper

Broken In
Well yes i do agree...but then the question says "the prog lang ull ever need" and the answer to it is indeed assembly

C indeed is the king.
But i wud prefer ne one to learn PYTHON b4 lookin at C.
In the B.E courses in Mumbai univ they teach pascal b4 C. Pascal is kinda old infact very old but too simple.One who knows pascal can master C easily.
But since pascal wud too elementary for ne one to learn another easy language wud be PYTHON man its wonderful simple though not in comparison with c one can master PYTHON in no time and also understand C better in a way.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
beyondthegracefgod said:
In the B.E courses in Mumbai univ they teach pascal b4 C.

You are talking about yr. 2000 and before... a lot has changed since then.. they've phased out Pascal from entire engineering syllabus...

technovice

Broken In
Hi. Im an engineering student (se). Our syllabi covers very little of advanced c and c++. So i want to know where (as in which sites) can i find more info and useful codes. Im particularly interested in graphics using c.

allajunaki

Journeyman
My Opinion (If anyone cares to listen..)
C -> Essential Lang. (Hacker's weapon of choice)
C++ -> Object Oriented Progging Unleashed....
Java -> Do C++ and then do Java.. Object Orientation taken to whole new plane!!

Vc#/VB.NET -> Future Direction of progs...

Perl -> Best for Hacking Linux (Couple of scripts On my Linux machine to do vrious stuff i do using .exe files in Windows).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom