Which Hard Drive??

Status
Not open for further replies.

parimal

Journeyman
Hi guys,
I'm planning to buy the new 80GB 7200rpm hard drive. For which brand I should go for.....Western Digital, Maxtor or Samsung?
-Parimal.

hafees

In the zone
i think samsung provides 3 yrs warranty. so it is a good option.. but go for a 120GB hard disk. it will cost u some more 100s(around 700) and will give u more value for money

hthite

Right off the assembly line
If u r planning to go in for a higher capacity drive, don't go for a 120 GB, as the performance reduces due to odd number of platters (3). Instead spend some more money and get a 160 GB (4 platters).

How much would it cost

How much would the 160 Gm beast cost. In my other post I mentioned about one of my HDDs going KAPUT (rather *click* *click*).

I am looking for an option. :evil:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Are WD products available in mumbai,I checked up in delhi but they have not yet launched here, shooting an email to the company I got the reply that WD will be launching in september their product range.

Guys, digging up an old topic but I just returned from the Samsung service centre in Pune with my replacement HDD. :shock: :D :D :D

My HDD had crashed in the beginning of the month I was wondering if it would be replaced or not. Took it to samsung service centre, they examined/checked it and within a week I got a replacement.

I say go for Samsung as they have a great service. Also their site offers a lot of information in such cases.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
samsung/seagate 80gb 7200rpm=3200/3100
seagate 120gb 7200rpm=4100
go for samsung
if you don't need extra space and can spend money than take sata hd

ice

In the zone
Go for western digital... Its wayy better. i have one WD and one Samsung.. Both 40gb.. Wd performs better , atleast i feel so?

digen

Youngling
Seagate offering 5years warranty on all its drives manufactured on or after 1st June 2004.So that settles it !

Me proud owner of 3 Seagates.

*www.seagate.com/cda/newsinfo/newsroom/releases/article/0,1121,2285,00.html

krish

Journeyman
Segate's 80 GB Barracuda (7200 rpm) HD is available as cheap for Rs 2950. It also has a warrenty of 5 years now. And above all it is the most relaible as I'm also a owner of one since 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom