which firewall is good???

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel

Broken In
hey pals...

i recently upgraded my sys to winxp sp2.

and havin prob with my firewall....

i m using, armor2net.

so i wanted 2 know a better alternative then that.

which i can use....

any good firewall that can go well with sp2.

thanx

angel

OP
A

angel

Broken In
hey ishaan...

i used 2 use ZA but its 2 confusing......

i got all the famous firewalls..... with me...from l;atest mcafee 2005 to

norton to ZA to seagate...to all...

just any 1 good and easy enough

thanx

angel

krazydude

Journeyman
Yea there is nothing better then Zone Alarm, but the new beta does have some issues with SP2, so am using a slightly older version rite now

VD17

Journeyman
i used blackice... regretted doing so... ;)
used ZA Security Suite... is genuinely good.... though the AV sucks big time...

walking-techie

Journeyman
ZONE ALARM pro is the best.. good for defense.. low oon sys requirements

use this !!!

also dont worry abt the notifications u get.. once u get hold of which program really need internet access. zone alarm never bothers u again once it makes up its internet access programs list

ishaan

Padawan
actually i just use win xp SP1 and da win xp firewall and i never actually found the need for more firewall protection. ive even got norotn 2004 installed n dats good enuf 4 me.

if u got sp2 and an antivrus like mcafee or norton, i think u dont really need another firewall software.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
ZAP

ZoneAlarmPro, its the best I've ever used. I had McAfee Firewall before, but it got too complicated. ZAP's been updated to work with SP2, so no compatibility issues or anything there now. In fact, it automatically turns off Windows Firewall when its running, so you can rest easy about that long list of programs that dont work well with Windows Firewall. Not to mention the fact that ZAP has a good ad and animation blocker, mobile code blocker, identity and privacy protection and a minimum interference GUI, and that too, neatly categorized, you cant go wrong with it. Try it and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom