which Digital still cam to buy??

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
The problem is that i get involved in a new field.. so i usually buy the best i can...
i did note that coolpix of 4,5,7 MP have the same price~=15K..i wanna know why is that.. any photography enthusiasts here??
The problem with sony is that it overprocesses the images. so, a bit of detail is lost. but raw photos look better on a sony. how much is DSC P150?
Coolpix is subtly inferior to sony in low light..(very subtly tho)

tuxfan

Technomancer
plasmafire said:
The problem is that i get involved in a new field.. so i usually buy the best i can...
i did note that coolpix of 4,5,7 MP have the same price~=15K..i wanna know why is that.. any photography enthusiasts here??

Why don't you search at the Nikon site? You will surely find some comparison tables there.

plasmafire said:
Coolpix is subtly inferior to sony in low light..(very subtly tho)

I have so far had no problems even in low lights. I have clicked so many pics of my newborn daughters without flash. But they have turn out well. The thing is that you must set the right options.

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
no offence tux, but the level is too subtle 4 us normal ppl to c..(i took it from a review)
i am at the nikon site since last week.. features are not that clearly explained

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
ohhh mannn... i got the cash, i have narrowed down to just 3 cameras...

i cant decide which one to buy.. this royally sux... plzz help me out someone....

tuxfan

Technomancer
Now here's one very lengthy exercise. But it could be worth it.

1. Download the user's manual of all the three models from the manufacturer's website. Study them and decide.

2. Ask a few shop owners. Go to grey market ones as well as official/authorised ones.

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
I asked the shop owners, they say higher model no. is better..

As for manuals, i checked out lots of settings etc. difference, nothing much.. 5900 seems to be very marginally better

godzi_85

In the zone
go to *www.jjmehta.com for the price and specifications of every damn camera available in mumbai..

(even i`m looking forward to buying a digital camera)

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
i need proper warranty on my cam, where do i buy.. i'll prefer the white market.. not even a spot of grey..
any idea on Nikon dealers in chennai(preferable) or mumbai?

tuxfan

Technomancer
plasmafire said:
i need proper warranty on my cam, where do i buy.. i'll prefer the white market.. not even a spot of grey..
any idea on Nikon dealers in chennai(preferable) or mumbai?

In Mumbai, there is one dealer near VT (Victoria Terminus, now CST, Chhatapati Shivaji Terminus). This dealer gives with warranty, bill, etc. If you want one without warranty, there are plenty around in the same area.

But why don't you check the Nikon ads in local mags and newspapers? They keep coming and always have a list of dealers.

achacko@dataone.in said:
BTW how r the kids doin ??
They are doing fine and putting on a few grams every day :D But still they are too small as compared to single babies. But combined together, they are more than singles ;)

OP
P

plasmafire

Journeyman
I look at the ads, i call up these people and find out that they give their shop bill, not a warranty per se from Nikon. i called up the nikon service centre, they give me a grey market place to purchase. price was ~ 700 less than jjmehta rs13500

what sux is.. i can buy a 7900 for 11500 in the US

tuxfan

Technomancer
When you come to Mumbai visit the shop at VT. I think they give you proper warranty.

And of course, everyone will give you a bill of their shop. What you need is a warranty card from Nikon. Why don't you check out Nikon's website?

And if they are not even giving a proper warranty card, why not take it from grey market itself? :roll: Those vendors will be idiots if they think you will pay full price without a warranty card.

If you want I can also tell you about a shop which sells in grey market but are reliable and don't temper with products. I have taken my DigiCam from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom