Which config to go for....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay4u

In the zone
i have two options... which one should i go for....

1. p4 1 mb cache 2.4 ghz 478 pin
intel 865gbf D
transcend 512 mb 400mhz ram

2. amd 3000+ (dont know porcessor... but budget for it is 6k... can u sugest one.. is my choice right)
msi rs 482 mobo
transcend 512 mb 400 mhz ram

Constraints are :
1. more emphasis on performance than gaming
2. keep my pc on for almost 10 hrs a day
3. least amount of noise from system
4. casual gamer
5. running for windows xp
6. future pcie graphics card will be added...

can u brief me out on the amd processor... is it ok.. means what are the different cores like venice core.. sempron etc.. plz i am new to amd...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
go for the amd config buddy. get an amd athlon 64 3000+ socket 939 processor. it will cost under 6k.

reasons,

:arrow: 64 bit processor

:arrow: no issues of heating and noise

:arrow: msi rs482 board has pci express architecture whereas intel 865 has agp.

:arrow: it will perform much better in games due to the very good onboard grpahics of the msi rs482 board which is any day better than intel extreme graphics.

h_kunte

Journeyman
@jay4u

AMD is the thing of the future...Go for the 3000+ proccy with the MSI RS 482 board. Ya, its on-board graphix solution is very good for moderate gaming & other graphix-intensive applications. If possible go in for 2*512 MB RAm.....& u shall have a future proof system..(Atleast for the next 2-3 years)....Enjoy!

HK

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
I had bought amd64 3000+ venice core recently for Rs. 5700/-. And if ya don't want onboard gfx but want to buy a seperate pci-e gfx card then u can go for ASUS A8N-E, it costs around Rs. 5600/-.

asdf1223

Journeyman
intel 865 has only agp 8x. go for amd.thers no point on an intel unless u plan to do video encoding 24/7. amd runs cooler. my 3000+ runs under 50.C most of the time.

ur best options would be a
amd 3000+
msi rs-482/gigabyte nforce 410 chipset
512mb ram.

OP
jay4u

jay4u

In the zone
okie guys... thanx a lot... will go for the amd solution... but which one is better msi rs482 or asus a8ne... in terms of features and performance other than gaming.....

Also if i want to buy a low end graphic card which shoud be the choice.. budget around 4k... i am thinking of xfx 6200 pcie.... i do not want to go for turbocache versions as i have heard that they uses system ram for performing.... what say guys...

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Please also make sure that the graphics card memory has 128-bit interface.

Also as has been repeated many times Asus A8N-E wins hands down in terms of price vs. performance under 6k. It is the best if you invest in a separate graphics card. The MSI RS 482 has on-board ATI graphics in addition to a separate PCI-ex slot.

OP
jay4u

jay4u

In the zone
okie.. but can any one then sugest me a nice and budget pcie card... may be under 4k or 3.5k... just moderate gaming....

then i can go for asus a8ne as it is marginally higher than msi rs482

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Go for XFX/Leadtek 6200 256mb non turbo cache card. The non-TC card will perform much better than the one with TC. It should be within ur budget.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
XFX 6200 pci-e 128mb may cost around 3500/- and 256mb may cost around 4000-4500/- don't know exactly. Plz do conform at ur local shop.

I

invisible

TC cards will be cheaper XFX 128MB TC card will Rs 3000/- and they will be 64-bit or 32bit.
Its hard to find non-TC XFX cards.
For all XFX cards check this site *www.rptechindia.com/rashib2c/produ...s+-+XFX&maincatgrp=&Currentpage=2&Pagesize=10

My suggestion would be to get Leadtek WinFast PX6200 TD model card with 128MB and 128bit memory interface
Check this link *leadtek.com/3d_graphic/winfast_px6200_td_2.html
U can get this card easily @ Rs 4000/- and also check the games which u are getting free with eitehr XFX or Leadtek

and also read this page *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13761&start=900

OP
jay4u

jay4u

In the zone
i want to recomfirm the things.... i know amd is any day better than corresponding intel... but will amd 3000+ 64 venice core perform on par with intel 2.66 ghz 1 mb l2 cache prescott ready 478 pin processor....

i guess asus a8ne beats intel 915 gav.. but does it supports sata II standard....

OP
jay4u

jay4u

In the zone
at mumbai i am getting asus a8ne for 6500 rs dude... and my dealer is sugesting to go for xfx 5300 PCIe 128 bit for 3100... is it a good graphic card for casual gaming... at low or med resolutions.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom