Which computer magazine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hi all,

What all computer magazine techies here have subscribed or purchase from the stands? Whenever I goto landmark or Time out, I could in the stands the following magazines,
Digit
Chip
PC Quest
Data Quest

I personally purchase digit whenever I go for a travel in the train or flight. Now, I am thinking of subscribing to one. Which is VFM?

I would be looking for a magazine which enlightens on the new technologies, tips & tricks, expert reviews. CD/DVD with free stuff and games can also be considered.

Which one techies suggest? Or if some magazine avail other thena the one above, then please do suggest.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
here are the mags that i purchased:

Digit
chip
pcmag (not published on paper now)
pcworld
T3
skoar (long back)
LFY
EFY
PCQuest
Data quest (long long ago)

And one thing I learned is not to subscribe to any mag. Every monthI pick two or three mags with best content.

awww

Banned
i first bought chip and pc quest in december 2000 then i started to buy only chip from the following month then switched to digit later it came out
i have read all kind of tech magazine in my college library for the last four years they
are all more or less the same
i only learnt about tech stuff in depth online by joining some forums other than digit
i used to buy two or three mags sometimes for content but it is pointless to me anymore since im already aware of most of the things that were published on the mags and i can download anything i want from the internet easily
if you want to subscribe to a mag subscribe to chip i feel they are better as for now they also seem to have stable community of people on their forum unlike here
if you really want to learn tech stuff in depth stick to some irc and hacking forums on the internet
i also bought skoar regularly in 2006 i really like their cd content im not much of a gamer i still use those cds to play some old games i dont know how it is now.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
thnx for the info m8..personally i thought chip magazine was christened as digit. my bad, 2 yrs back I saw both mags on the stands. Anyways, gonna subscribe in chip and if found interesting gonna subscribe.

True on the forum part, ths forum is more interested in non-tech rather than tech. This is my personal opinion as I am dependent on many tech queries to this forum alone and found it unanswered accor to my satisfaction.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
there are also few online magazines.

Redhat Magazine is the one that I read and is terrific.
And to get real kick of technology, subscribe to Journals.

MSDN, Linux Journal.....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
*magazine.redhat.com/ free
*www.linuxjournal.com/magazine (around 30$ for 1year)
*msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/default.aspx free
*www.computerworld.com/ free
*www.pcmag.com (you can pay for e-magazine)
*www.networkcomputing.com

also you can follow these sites for technology updates:

tomshardware.com
extremetech.com
anandtech.com
zdnet.com
techpowerup.com
arstechnica.com
mahalo.com
wired.com
pcper.com
engadget.com
cnet.com
gizmodo.com
ign.com (gaming)
embedded.com
linuxtoday.com

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
^^thnx for the links..it wil surely help me and others. These links will make me tied to my lappy for weeks :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
welcome. engadget and gizmodo are great hubs for info seeking. As all posts point to other sites, you will find out many more tech sites as you go on reading the posts in engadget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom