Which cabinet? cooler master 690 or cooler master Gladiator 600

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxBombay

Right off the assembly line
Hi

I am building gaming system with HD4850, E8400, intel mother board, cooler master 600watts smps, 500gb hard drive, 2x2 gb ram (800mgz ddr2).

I have choice between following 2 cabinets, looks similar to me, please help me decide which one i should go asap.

CM 690 - Rs.5000
*www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=en&act=detail&tbcate=17&id=2908

Gladiator 600 (RC-600) - Rs.4500
*www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=en&act=detail&tbcate=17&id=6564

i have to decide by tomorrow. thanks.
btw, these prices are in mumbai.

here is the link to compare both

*www.coolermaster.com/products/comparison.php?tbcate=17&id=6564

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
My pick would be CM690

it's SLI certified cabinet with 3 more fan slots when compared to Gladiator 600

popularbhaskar

Journeyman
guys.. how is the noise level of the same..
i always wanted to have a noise proof cabinet...
Is CM 340/341... good as well for that? Coz i understand that CM 690 is expensive and has the buttons and USB ports on top. But i am one of those ppl who use my cpu also as a mini table.

Always envy the dell/HP desktops which remain silent.

OP
M

MaxBombay

Right off the assembly line
i am going for gladitor because cm690 is too big for my computer table, it won't fit in :(

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@popularbhaskar, looks like you might need a thermal paste. Monitor your CPU temperatures using everest or speedfan. Should be below 45 when idle and less than 60 when on load

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Also.. my fan on cpu is sounding like a propellar. Is that normal for a AMD 7750 BE cpu?

Please take of the heat sink assembly and give a good clean up to the metal plates, and the fan. Believe me..even my old system..used to sound loud..once I cleaned the heat sink assembly it was really quite...

The way I cleaned it...was took a small brush..and rubbed it around..the metal..and fan fins. Also blew into the assembly really hard..couple of times. Do it outside your house..it raises a lot of dust.........!

Make sure you re-apply thermal paste, when you reseat the heat sink.

popularbhaskar

Journeyman
@Asigh
the problem in my case is the processor is a week old and i noticed the painful noise the moment i put the new proc and fan on.. i verified if the seating is good and it is.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
CM690 looks better to me (bcoz i have cm334 :lol:),
CM 690 has 1blue front fan, 1 rear fan, optional top fan, 1 side fan, 1 optional so if you put those.. it bound to be loudy...\ it cant be silent.. consider this.. even if with standard 4 fans you have 6fans runing. it will be loudly. ( 4 cabinet + 1cpu fan + 1 smps = 6fans)

My CM 334.. and it looks identical, just a bit smaller. its awesome looking cabinet. even better than it appear on website. I have just one 120mm fan installed so its very very silent. I was thinking about putting one more but the silence is stopping me. ;)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I have all the fans loaded on my CM690. (1xDrive bays, 1xleft panel,1xbottom chassis, 1xback chassis, 2xtop chassis)...honestly..it is not that loud...+ I also have one PSU+one CPU+one GPU..total = 9 fans...!

The whole thing..makes a HMMMMMMMMM..sound...so it is not absolutely silent (I can tell something is on)..but it is quite enough to sleep and have it running in the background...!

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
^ no fan on Harddisk ? .. :lol:

damm .. man .. so many fans.. I envy you..

acha.. Just one thought.. which fans blow in and which one blows out?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^ no fan on Harddisk ? .. :lol:

damm .. man .. so many fans.. I envy you..

acha.. Just one thought.. which fans blow in and which one blows out?

Hey..I was wrong...and your post corrected it...there is no fan on the drive bays..it is located in front of the hard disks...!!!

Intake Fans:
Hard Disk - Front Panel x 1
Bottom Chassis x 1
Left side Panel x 1

Exhaust Fans:
Back Panel x 1
Top Panel x 2

Heat Dissapating:
CPU x 1
PSU x 1
GPU x 1

Total: 9