Which Cabinet and CPU Cooler to go for.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogXP

Broken In
Hi,

I want to buy a cabinet and CPU cooler for my new AMD X2 3800+ PC with asus a8n-e mobo. ill be overclocking the processor from stock 2Ghz to 2.2Ghz or higher.

My budget for the cabinet is max 2.5k, it should have a transparent side door. As for the cpu coolers I dont want to go for water cooling, I prefer air cooling itself, i dont know about their prices or where to buy but the ones I have in mind is the likes of one these :

Zalman ( Fatality or CNPS 9500LED or CNPS7700 Cu ) or Thermaltake BLUE ORB II series

Please suggest which cabinets to consider buying and their prices and also whether I can get the cpu coolers here or I have to import them only.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
CABINET -- VIP 1122 OR G 100 WHICHEVER YOU LIKE .. G100 IS BIT TALLER AND ROOMIER .. MYSELF USING 1122 MODEL .. MY 3.2 PRESCOTT HAS NEVER TOUCHED EVEN 48 DEGRESS .. :lol:

AS FOR COOLER .. ZALMAN CNPS 9500 LED IS DAMN GOOD .. EVEN I AM LOOKING FOR IT .. DO U KNOW ANY PLACE IN MUMBAI ?

ALSO GO FOR ARTIC SILVER 5 THERMAL PASTE ..

OP
H

hotdogXP

Broken In
hi,

Yes the Zalman CNPS 9500LED 8) is damn good but its kindda costly for a air cooler and is only marginably better than its cheaper competitors but the design is very good. Im also looking at the thermaltake Blue Orb II its very cheap but kindda heavy and big so Im pretty doubtful whether it wont create space problems for other components in my a8n-8 mobo :? . Anyway i ve havent found no one yet who sells these in India and what the indian prices would be :( ??.... do tell me if yu find any info

OP
H

hotdogXP

Broken In
I saw the VIP cabinets suggested by you at their website *www.kunhar.com/vipcabinets/gaming.html , I called them up they said the price was 1650Rs for the 1122 model and 2900 for the G100. Im also looking at Zebronics handy1111 and Zebronics antibiotic models, *www.zebronics.net/ are they a good quality brand? plz suggest your views ..

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
get G 100 but with powersafe 500 w psu .. not with the psu it comes with .

it has nice large transparent side window with three colour led fan , front intake fan with the neccessary dust grill and front door has temp displaying utility .. I personally liked it .. friend of mine is using it with 3.2 ghz prescott and temp are quite lower .. lower than 50 which is quite a thing.. for prescott under full load without any additional cooling ..

OP
H

hotdogXP

Broken In
zb01

The VIP ZB01 cabinets are listed under server cabinets at their website *www.kunhar.com/vipcabinets/server.htm.

Does the ZB01 have a transparent side door?, if not I think the G100 is a better buy especially if yur putting in led fans and cpu coolers like the ones mentioned above.

sunmysore

Journeyman
@jay4u : Ever checked the Silverstone TJ05 ?? It is 100% the same as the VIP ZB01. Even though it doesnt have fancy transparent sidepanels, it performs much better then ur local cabbies...silverstone make one the BEST cabinets in the world, and their design cant go wrong...

I have a pic of a transparent ZB01 (custom made)..i'll dig up n post back.

OK..link to TJ05 : *silverstonetek.com/products-tj05.htm

TechGuru#1

In the zone
TechGuru#1 said:
Myself Getting a VIP G300 with PS 500W PSU for 5,300 bucks!
....is it OK?

Nothing Else abt Performance/quality...wanted any advice,
but.........IS THE PRICE FOR THE G300 with 500 W PSU... OK??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom