Which BSNLL modem to go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renny

Padawan
Hi,

I've applied for BSNL Home 500 Plan,

I'd like to purchase the modem and the cost does'nt matter,

Should I go for Type I, Type II, Type III or Type IV modem?

And which brand should I go for?

OP
Renny

Renny

Padawan
But which Company's is it?

This is my query:-

I'd like to purchase the router from BSNL,

So cud u guys tell me which Company and Type i should buy,

Again cost doesnt matter.

PS - I'd like to purchase the router from BSNL only.

prasad_den

Padawan
I am not sure if BSNL has different company modems to offer.. Most of the time, the only modem they have is of Huawei make. I'm not sure about your place but at least here that is the case... So enquire the BSNL guys and find out the diff makes that they offer.
As to the type, 2 and 4 have both wifi and ethernet ports, the only diff being in type4 having 1 wifi and 4 ethernet as opposed to 1 + 1 in type 2, both coming at the same price.. I'd recommend the type 2 modem.. :)

Hi,

I've applied for BSNL Home 500 Plan,

I'd like to purchase the modem and the cost does'nt matter,

Should I go for Type I, Type II, Type III or Type IV modem?

And which brand should I go for?

Go for Type 4 Router, preferred brand D-Link or Huawei, I dnt think BSNL offers either of these now a days. so u can try purchasing from some hardware store.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i'd suggest you to get other branded wi-fi modem.

bsnl offers UT Star wifi modem, its crap, the signal strenth drops to "poor" when i take my laptop to hall ,just 20ft away frm router:|

here in chennai, my bro just bought a NetGear wifi router (Rs.1700/-), the signal strength shows strong even when i'm at terrace (2nd floor)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
It may be your particular modem, I have a UT Starcom modem from MTNL and it works really well. I get excellent coverage in mine as well as neighbors homes. After their homes it falls to good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom