which brand is good in mumbai for spike guard ?

RaptorX

Broken In
A couple of weeks ago my old spike guard (generic) started making crackling sounds. Since I needed a replacement urgently I bought an MX one from a nearby shop instead of going to Lamington for a Belkin one. The Mx spike guard is working fine so far.

From what I've heard Belkin is the best. Mx is not a bad 2nd option.
Surge Protector

Take a look at these topics:
Link 1

Link 2

Btw Pegasus- How would one check if it's a fake one?

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I would also voter for Belkin. I use one its gr8. Previously my UPS used to be switched off though there is power and other spike related issue.
Lost MOBO due to that and SMPS.

Now I use Belkin and the UPS related problem is gone.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Belkin 4 pin @ Rs. 440 and economy series 6 pin @ Rs. 600. (prices include tax). Well priced I suppose.
Primeabgb lists the 6 pin one for Rs. 500, but shipping charge of Rs. 150 will make it 650 for me.

pegasus

Journeyman
A couple of weeks ago my old spike guard (generic) started making crackling sounds. Since I needed a replacement urgently I bought an MX one from a nearby shop instead of going to Lamington for a Belkin one. The Mx spike guard is working fine so far.

From what I've heard Belkin is the best. Mx is not a bad 2nd option.
Surge Protector

Take a look at these topics:
Link 1

Link 2

Btw Pegasus- How would one check if it's a fake one?
I am not sure how to spot fakes.
There was an old thread on TE or somewhere i think, by a very knowledgeable person.
Bt here is another discussion i could dig up for now>
*www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/any-good-powerstrip-94502-2.html
The only way for me not to end up with a fake one now may be by buying it from some reputed store and taking a cash memo for the same.
(Champion Rubber at Lamington Road used to be the authorised reseller for MX products since a very long time iirc)

Belkin products, especially the higher series look well-finished for sure.
Their gold and superior models supposedly provide warranty over any connected equipments upto a certain amount as per the series.
But not sure if they are the best per se.

APC too had some good surge protectors but pricing and availability here i am not sure of.

MX ones are just about ok for the price they sell at- though cable quality, switches etc could have been a better i feel.
At least they are not as bad as the 100-200 ones of various names.
They used to come with 6-months warranty iirc.
A 6-socket with indivdal switches had costed me roughly Rs.400/- a few years back and worked fine till i gave it away.
MX ones also have those 3 LEDs that indicate if the voltage from the source/socket is ok or not.

Last edited:

PraKs

Youngling
Is there any Belkin spike guard with 1 switch for 1 plug.

I dont need which has 6 plugs with 1 switch.. I am looking for 6 plugs which 6 switches so each device can be used only when required.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Is there any Belkin spike guard with 1 switch for 1 plug.

I dont need which has 6 plugs with 1 switch.. I am looking for 6 plugs which 6 switches so each device can be used only when required.

That's the reason I opted for a local brand. It is rugged in built & has a switch for each socket. Also the socket is the standard one found in India & so the plugs fit in tightly.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I also wanted each socket with a switch, but with local brands, it's hard to tell whether good or bad, better go with a trusted brand. I was shown one with for Rs. 225, but wanted to buy a good one after the last one showed the fireworks. So didn't buy it

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Cool G5
Which brand was it ? IS it good & pls give price.

Brand name is Om Sejnath. It has 4 sockets with individual switches & I bought it for Rs.250/- Been using it for 3 years for now with no problems at all.

PraKs

Youngling
@Cool Buddy
Let me know if you come across any standard brand, I am also looking for one.

@Cool G5
Thank you. I guess that brand is available only in Mumbai, Never heard of it :(

D

Deleted member 26636

Buy an MX spike guard...it comes with individual switches for both 4 & 6 socket variants....the mumbai price(lamington street) for a six socket individual switch spike guard is around Rs.500/-..i've been using one since the last 14 months & never had any problems woth it..

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
MX spike guard website doesn't show anything in Kolkata, so it's belking for me.
@PraKs
I would have already bought belkin, but the shop that quoted lowest prices didn't have it in stock, asked me to come after 2 days. I'll buy tomorrow.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Buy an MX spike guard...it comes with individual switches for both 4 & 6 socket variants....the mumbai price(lamington street) for a six socket individual switch spike guard is around Rs.500/-..i've been using one since the last 14 months & never had any problems woth it..

Even a friend of mine uses the 6 socket one for a year now. Its great & he is having no hassles. If you're good at bargaining then you can get it for lower price.

PraKs

Youngling
OH man, What a site they have.. Better then belkin too.

Mumbai based company but amazing products

Here are few spikes...
MDR Electronics - MX Electronics - Home Theater Cables & Connectors - Computers & Laptop Accessories - Pro Audio / Studio Audio Cables & Connectors - Audio Video Components & Accessories - Fiber Optic Component & Accessories - Cable TV Component & Ac
MDR Electronics - MX Electronics - Home Theater Cables & Connectors - Computers & Laptop Accessories - Pro Audio / Studio Audio Cables & Connectors - Audio Video Components & Accessories - Fiber Optic Component & Accessories - Cable TV Component & Ac

Which one u have G5 ?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
OH man, What a site they have.. Better then belkin too.

Mumbai based company but amazing products

Here are few spikes...

Which one u have G5 ?

My friend has one having 6 sockets alonwith 6 individual switches. Its not there in the links you have posted. Might be a duplicate one but its working great. It has green switches with orange LED's underneath them.

PraKs

Youngling
They have just so many.

Not able to select... Need 4-5 plugs with 4-5 switches.

Can you recommend some ?

D

Deleted member 26636

this is the one i have- LINK

this also seems good- LINK

Top Bottom