Where to build a rig from in Bangalore???:thinking_NF:

Amohanster

Right off the assembly line
Hello Digit World
Need to build a power rig for Audio and Video editing in Bangalore ASAP
Thinking about i76700K with 32GB RAM and not so very concerned about GPU presently as I'm not an avid gamer but do realise the power having a GPU do my rendering, gives me.
Suggest me a mobo which provides me with an option to o/c the beast (only if i want to, i know the game!)
Any of you guys who're in Bangalore and have been into the assemble scene for a while might just be able to help me out here. This is gonna be my first assembly after a long long time and I've been thinking of doing it all by myself.
Budget restrains : 70-75K, (might be able to extend it a bit more if the deal is irresistible)

Would highly appreciate any help on where to buy these components from and what they'd cost me. Also i have an option to buy them from Delhi but only if the final deal comes down by 5-7K.

Thanks!

TheSloth

The Slowest One
answer these first :

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans:

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

- - - Updated - - -

and you should have created this htread in PC Config section

nac

Aspiring Novelist
i7 6700k - 26000
Asus Z170 K - 12250
Corsair vengeance DDR4 4x 8GB - 10800 (If you buy it as a kit, it will cost more)
Seasonic S12 II Bronze 520W - 5500 (430W should be fine for now, but when you buy a new graphic card, this 520W should be useful then)
Cabinet - 3500
WD 1TB 7200rpm - 3700
Dell 2216H - 9000
Logitech KB & Moue - 800

Total - 71550
Build could use SSD, after market cooler (sure needed if you're OCing) and GPU. Buy them when you have dough.

People suggesting to buy from SP road, don't remember any specific shop name. Search the forum, you should find some.

And don't expect a 10% price difference between Delhi and Bangalore.

Note: This is Chennai's price. Price is just for reference.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hello Digit World
Need to build a power rig for Audio and Video editing in Bangalore ASAP
Thinking about i76700K with 32GB RAM and not so very concerned about GPU presently as I'm not an avid gamer but do realise the power having a GPU do my rendering, gives me.
Suggest me a mobo which provides me with an option to o/c the beast (only if i want to, i know the game!)
Any of you guys who're in Bangalore and have been into the assemble scene for a while might just be able to help me out here. This is gonna be my first assembly after a long long time and I've been thinking of doing it all by myself.
Budget restrains : 70-75K, (might be able to extend it a bit more if the deal is irresistible)

Would highly appreciate any help on where to buy these components from and what they'd cost me. Also i have an option to buy them from Delhi but only if the final deal comes down by 5-7K.

Thanks!

Get it from SP Road in Bangalore.If i remember correctly Raju Computers offers me much better Deal to me than rest but check others too.
Well 32GB of RAM is too much 16GB will be more than enough.

Last edited:
OP
A

Amohanster

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Will be used for a lot of video/audio composition and editing. Final Cut, Pro Tools, Media Composer, Ableton Live, Cubase, Fl Studio, Illustrator, Soundbooth are some of the softwares I'm currently using.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 70-75k, extension of 5k possible on an extreme dealbreaker

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes, during bulk rendering of videos

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: win 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 2TB for starting out, own some previously, will mention below.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, planning to get one on an emi, 32 or bigger, need a setup that allows me to position myself a little away from the screen.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: WD 1TB, will use this as additional internal; ODD and cabinet that supports ATX builds, some local PSU but can't reuse it because I doubt it's stability and prowess to handle the requirements. Plus that comes off a system thats nearly three years old :)D)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Sometime by the end of this month, July '16

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Have built desktops but about 6 years ago, will definitely need reference materials for backup. Don't think this will be a hassle from any perspective.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore, HSR Layout; yes buying locally; open for buying online but doubt the prices.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: How about waiting for kaby lake? I've been reading a lot about the availability of them by the end of this year and have been thinking about postponing the build if a newer 14nm chip provides me with quiter, cooler ad faster options (this rig will be kept in a home studio where silence is very necessary, room has been acoustically treated and houses sensitive microphones that used to pick up random street noises from far away too!). If waiting for kaby lake tech is feasible, which includes the difference in the estimated prices for a top spec desktop processor from today and the time that Intel would take to get them out on the streets, I'd like to opt for kaby lake switching to an oc'd i5 rig I already own for the meantime.

[MENTION=138367]TheSloth[/MENTION] - Apologies señor, rookie mistake! :D

[MENTION=125133]Minion[/MENTION] - I'm running a lot of plugins that leech the life out of the 8 gbs I own on the rig I have, and as the size of my projects grow, its requirements and dependencies on the available resources skyrockets exponentially, so its a safe bet for me to run 32gbs in the build, which in turn allows me to be less concerned about a RAM upgrade in the near future leaving the GPU as the only object to burn a hole in my pocket.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i5 6600K -18000,
Gigabyte Z170-D3H -11500,
Corsair Vengeance 16GB(8GBx2) 2400Mhz DDR4 -5000,
WD Caviar Blue 2TB -5000,
Samsung 850 Evo 120GB SSD -4500,
Zotac GTX960 2GB -15500,
Antec GX200 -2700,
Dell S2216H 22" LED IPS -9000,
Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -72,000.

Go to Ashirwad Computers or Golchha IT for best prices in SP Road, Bangalore.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Processor-i7 6700 23k (K is not needed you will get plenty performance with this CPU and can save 3k)
RAM-Corsair Vengeance 16GB-5k
HDD WD blue-2TB-5k
MotherBoard-Gigabyte Z170-D3H-11.5k
Powersuppy-SEASONIC S12II SERIES 620W-6.3(To be on safeside)
Graphics Card-GIGABYTE GTX 970 DIRECTX 12 GV-N970TTOC-4GD 4GB 256-BIT GDD GRAPHIC CARD-25k
Case-Antec GX200-2.7k
Monitor-24MP88HM-16.5k(For better colour accuracy)

Hope I haven't skipped anything.

Removed 16GB RAM and SSD because it can be added later.

Last edited:

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
If I am not mistaken Skylake K series cpu do not come with a cpu cooler so you would have to buy it. Everyone is suggesting K cpu without any cpu cooler

Top Bottom