Where can I buy Windows 7 Professional 64 bit RETAIIL online now?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I intend to upgrade my existing Windows XP Pro desktop to Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and sometime in the nearby future I would be building an updated desktop. Hence I am looking for a full RETAIL version rather than OEM which I understand will not allow me to transfer the installation to another PC.

Online Shopping India - Buy Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Laptops - Send Online Gifts to India - adexmart has Windows 7 Professional but it is only 32 bit and OEM. Almost all the copies available online seem to be OEM versions.
Flipkart has only Windows 8.

Any place I did not check?

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
you can get it free from google if you know what site to click on,and have an unlimited internet connection. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your PC, simplified, with Windows 7 ? Ultimate. Offers on Microsoft Windows, Office, and more

there are no different types of keys for 32bit & 64bit.any valid windows 7 key will work for either edition(32 or 64bit).though oem licence is not transferable in reality you just have to call microsoft customer care & tell them you want to activate again because your mobo died & they will activate it.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I followed the link you gave and it seems to be just a page full of links to offline stores. I do not see Windows 7 anywhere there. And seeing that Flipkart has completely removed Windows 7 and only has Windows 8, I doubt any official Microsoft reseller will have 7. (They must have been ordered to remove 7 and put 8 considering that not many are buying 8 right now unless forced)

In this link it is stated that it is a 32 bit FULL version.
Does this mean that it is not an OEM version?
Can I install 64 bit version using the same media or should I get 64 bit version from somewhere and use the above key?

I am a bit confused here.

Flash

Lost in speed
Googled and found this.
Microsoft Window 7 Professional 64bit OS Price in India

Site got online chat support. Have a word with them, before doing anything.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
just because a new os is launched doesn't mean that sale of older version os is stopped immediately.offline stores do keep copies of older versions for at least a few months after launch of new version os.microsoft clearly announce stopping of sale/support for all its OS's with dates.
Windows lifecycle fact sheet - Microsoft Windows Help

as for media if you get 32bit media but want to install 64bit then of course you have to download the 64bit version.i recommend downloading official windows 7 dvd iso with confirmed/matching SHA value(just search on google).

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Thanks for the help guys. I now understand that I can get any media irrespective of architecture and then get an original 64 bit .iso from say DigitalRiver and use the same product key to activate.
I am comfortable buying from AdexMart as I have had many positive experiences there.

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 32Bit (Full Pack) - adexmart

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Your PC, simplified, with Windows 7 ? Ultimate. Offers on Microsoft Windows, Office, and more

there are no different types of keys for 32bit & 64bit.any valid windows 7 key will work for either edition(32 or 64bit).though oem licence is not transferable in reality you just have to call microsoft customer care & tell them you want to activate again because your mobo died & they will activate it.

@whitestar, If I buy Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OEM version,how many times the valid keys can be activated on the SAME computer?
I mean,suppose I format the HDD(partition where Windows was present) and re-install the Windows 7 Pro. again(due to technical,BSOD,etc. issues).

@whitestar, are you listening?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
having some connection problems so missed your post/PM.for OEM version as long as hardware remains same(essentially cpu+mobo) you can activate it as many times as possible but i suggest using Advanced Tokens Manager to backup your activation info in external hdd & email account so that way you won't have to activate it online & may come in handy when you are offline.
Advanced Tokens Manager - Josh Cell Softwares
btw you can activate on a different hardware(4-5 times i think) too by calling microsoft CC toll free no.(aka phone activation different from online activation) & telling the person you upgraded your hardware but make sure to delete windows on other system/PC before activating it on a new system just to be safe.

Last edited:

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
Get OEM edition, Insatall it. Make a backup with Macrium reflect pro or Acronis True Image. This image can then be restored if your windows gets corrupt or you want to start fresh. Both also support restoring to dissimilar hardware so they'll work even if you update any component. If something screws up, you can always call up M$ and tell them some hardware failed and you want to reinstall. Not exactly elegant.

And I think since keys aren't different for 32 and 64 bits, maybe you can get 64 bit from shady ways on interwebs and buy a legal 32 bit key?

kg11sgbg

having some connection problems so missed your post/PM.for OEM version as long as hardware remains same(essentially cpu+mobo) you can activate it as many times as possible but i suggest using Advanced Tokens Manager to backup your activation info in external hdd & email account so that way you won't have to activate it online & may come in handy when you are offline.
Advanced Tokens Manager - Josh Cell Softwares
btw you can activate on a different hardware(4-5 times i think) too by calling microsoft CC toll free no.(aka phone activation different from online activation) & telling the person you upgraded your hardware but make sure to delete windows on other system/PC before activating it on a new system just to be safe.
Thanks Friend, got your PM.

ACTUALLY I WAS INSTALLING GENUINE LICENSED MICROSOFT WINDOWS PROFESSIONAL 7 (64-bit) OEM VERSION onto my Computer.

Cost: Rs.9,975/-(Including 5% VAT) purchased from SUPREME-The IT Mall, Kolkata.

Activated license SUCCESSFULLYYYYY...:mrgreen:

It was a clean install in my WD 1TB HDD Blue (purchased recently). I allocated 512GB for MS-Windows.

I installed Advanced Tokens Manager-Josh Cell Softwares as suggested by you,but it was installed onto the same HDD.
How do I install it on a pendrive? Shall I copy the Folder on Pen Drive?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
512gb is too much for windows partition.decrease it to 40-50gb using easeus partition master home free version(do not use windows disk management to modify C drive size).advanced tokens manager will save windows activation file(1 or 2 files) in a location of your choice which you need to keep & whenever you have to reactivate windows after format simply install advanced tokens manager & click on its activate option after which it will ask you for the location of previously saved activation file(or files).

kg11sgbg

^ I admit.
Actually i have :
1). WD 1TB HDD(Rest 512GB HDD, used for installing Fedora-19( 64-bit) )

2). SEAGATE 250GB HDD( USING THIS FULL HDD AS A BACK-UP FOR MS-Windows PRO.)

3). SEAGATE 500GB HDD (3 primary partitions,12GB dedicated for Linux Swap; and one logical partition nearly about 200GB, LINUX Mint-15(64-bit) is contained in one partition,REST ARE FREE, all ext4 partitions)

4). SEAGATE 500GB HDD( 2 primary partitions in ntfs format containing all downloads,software tools,pics,videos,etc. and one partition unassigned).

WHAT MORE DO I NEED?????????

I want to keep 3 OS only, MS Windows Pro 7(64-bit); Fedora-19(64-bit); Linux Mint-15(64-bit) onto my machine not any more!!!!!!!

Total Capacity : 2.25TB of HDD.

I AM NOT A GAMER..............

whitestar,suppose I change ONLY the motherboard,CPU/APU and RAM of machine,keeping all others fixed,how do I install and activate the Windows Pro. 7(64-bit) after the change?
Do I need to contact Microsoft? Or can I have 2 more activation chances?

Please clarify.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
only if you change cpu or motherboard you will need to reactivate.most likely the online activation will fail(you can still try though) & prompt you to call microsoft for phone activation(free helpline no. should be there on windows dvd box) using a code shown in phone activation window which you have to tell the person on helpline after mentioning some basic details & reason for phone activation(hardware change/new cpu or mobo).that person will then give you the activation code which you have to enter in the phone activation window to activate windows.

Top Bottom