when will this reflect in India ???

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
The hard drive industry has shed the impact of the catastrophic Thailand flood last year and has fully recovered, IHS reports.
*media.bestofmicro.com/seagate-hybrid,4-F-343599-1.jpg*m.bestofmedia.com/i/presencepc/design/loupe.gifZoom​
The market research firm believes that total 2012 HDD shipments will be 524.0 million units, up from 502.5 million in 2011. The industry is, according to IHS, poised for strong growth and will sell 575.1 million drives in 2016. This number only includes shipments into the PC and market, but not drives shipped into the automotive market, for external drives, or consumer electronics such as DVRs.

"HDD shipments for computers will overcome a sluggish third quarter to reach record levels in 2012," said Fang Zhang, analyst for storage systems at IHS.

read here

ajaymailed

In the zone
there is duopoly in HDD market,only Segate & WD are the players now, as well as demand from cloud computing so no price reductions. Prices may not fall without any bad news, either it should be reduced demand, increased competition or price fall in SSDs. Further innovation, increase storage density, speed might also reduce prices.

gameranand

Living to Play
It has already fallen. Well not completely but still considerably. I guess by 2013 start it would be back at previous prices.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
buddy it will never go back to those prices.with reduced competition and the taste of increased money won't allow these to go back to previous prices.but it will surely go down a bit from the current prices but for that we have to wait. thats it.lets see....

OP
avinandan012

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
i agree with sukesh when one can make double the money showing flood as a reason

then whats the point of decreaseing price

audiophilic

Journeyman
there is duopoly in HDD market,only Segate & WD are the players now, as well as demand from cloud computing so no price reductions. Prices may not fall without any bad news, either it should be reduced demand, increased competition or price fall in SSDs. Further innovation, increase storage density, speed might also reduce prices.

You're wrong. Corsair is there, as well as Adata. Although for many reasons, people will surely go for SSDs if prices drop, but i highly doubt that.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Actually no competition is there as companies are not present here directly. The importers are almost same and above all there isn't enough enthusiastic market in India. So, I don't see price will come down, until they begin to make less profit, much like 2011.

techfreek

Broken In
The Prices already Fell down by 10% since 8months. I Think it will come down by more 15% in 6months.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
The industry doesn't want you to have cheap hard drives
The industry doesn't want you to have cheap hard drives

just under a year ago, massive flooding in Thailand turned the PC industry on its head for the simple reason that a huge proportion of the world’s hard drives (and the components that go into them) are manufactured there. Supplies were cut off for weeks and prices of every type and model of hard drive shot up by around 150 percent virtually overnight. The problem is that even though factories were restored and supplies resumed within weeks, hard drive prices have still not come back down to where they used to be.

Top Bottom