When an upgrade of Haswell will be released?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hi, I usually make plans for my 'tech' related expenditure, and I need to do now. I have a X58 based system, i7 960 and all, and I don't find Haswell to be much of an upgrade. So may I know what's Intel's plan to upgrade Haswell, and when? They do release an upgrade every year right? So I guess there'll be one this year too, question is when?

Thanks.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Hi, I usually make plans for my 'tech' related expenditure, and I need to do now. I have a X58 based system, i7 960 and all, and I don't find Haswell to be much of an upgrade. So may I know what's Intel's plan to upgrade Haswell, and when? They do release an upgrade every year right? So I guess there'll be one this year too, question is when?

Thanks.

wait till skylake launches.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
And that'll launch in 2015 or later? What will be launched this year, Broadwell? Will that be a major upgrade from Haswell?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
And that'll launch in 2015 or later? What will be launched this year, Broadwell? Will that be a major upgrade from Haswell?

broadwell is not gonna be a huge upgrade over haswell imo, not sure though. and between broadwell and haswell, intel is likely to introduce haswell refresh which is just nothing but haswell(may be -little improvements) with the vrm taken away from cpu die(may be, not sure again).

Top Bottom