WhatsApp Web Client is LIVE (only on Chrome as of now)

ritvij

rated R
The webpage has instructions to use the latest version of WhatsApp on their Android or BlackBerry or Windows devices and to goto the WhatsApp Web option. Sadly, iOS users may have to wait a wee bit longer but that was expected as Apple is always the last to recieve WhatsApp app updates...

Read More:

[BREAKING] WhatsApp for Web coming very soon | CryBytes CryBytes

A

amit.tiger12

Re: WhatsApp Web Client is LIVE

web.whatsapp.com

trying for firefox... ;)

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz

Awesome! :D I just came back using it and thought about posting it here, but we already have a post informing users here.
The best part is it keeps the conversation in your phone and the web client in sync.

Though this requires the phone to have a net connection too...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Awesome! :D I just came back using it and thought about posting it here, but we already have a post informing users here.
The best part is it keeps the conversation in your phone and the web client in sync.

Though this requires the phone to have a net connection too...
This is useless I guess. They could just keep the conversations in server until the device is online again.

b/w nice move from WhatsApp

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

As of now WhatsApp web works only on Chrome, AND it only works on the Latest version of Chrome, which is 36. :/

This is a bummer. I would wait before the Web client starts to work on Firefox.

Also, the web application should be independent of my phone. They learned nothing from "Telegram", which is a cross platform client and been so for decades? :?

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
* Works only in Chrome - not an issue for me
* Requires my phone to be online too -- Really? Whats the use then? Only ends in spending twice the data for same chat exchanges :-(

Today, I also learnt that Whatsapp is banning users for using a third party app (Whatsapp+) to get more out of Whatsapp and for customization.
Taking money from users and banning them? :-x

Telegram now really looks very inviting. Will move there and will also try to convince my contacts to do so.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Works on Opera, good.

But they should support the better browser i.e. Firefox.

$hadow

Geek in making
Chrome rolled out version 40. BTW I don't want my What's app to be on my computer. Chrome working is nice but I am worried about the privacy plus you need to online with your phone as well is a bummer.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I don't use whatsapp and I stay away from it. How much time do you guys spend on using Whatsapp everyday?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Just asking, can we use this technique to use WhatsApp acc of one phone on another phone using chrome?

Top Bottom