WhatsApp brings Calling feature to Android users!

Flake

Linux User
WhatsApp calling is active for version 2.11.561. You must receive a call from already call activated WhatApp user.
Update to 2.11.561 version and PM me your contact number or contact someone who has activated WhatApp to receive a call. User Interface changes after attending call.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
WhatsApp calling is active for version 2.11.561. You must receive a call from already call activated WhatApp user.
Update to 2.11.561 version and PM me your contact number or contact someone who has activated WhatApp to receive a call. User Interface changes after attending call.

Can you post a screenshot of the changed UI?

Flake

Linux User
*i.imgur.com/xCcp5A7.png
Call quality is really good. Much better than Hangouts. I have activated Calls of all family members and a few friends. Make sure to install 2.11.561 version only. Its available at apkmirror website.

ashs1

Padawan
Apk is also available at official site- whatsapp.com :)
Downloading now. :D

Apk version on official site is 2.11.560... -__-

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
*i.imgur.com/xCcp5A7.png
Call quality is really good. Much better than Hangouts. I have activated Calls of all family members and a few friends. Make sure to install 2.11.561 version only. Its available at apkmirror website.

[strike]Can't see the screen shot. :|

Error

The requested URL can not be retrieved
[/strike]

Imgur is blocked in college :oops:

Edit: opened it anyway. UI looks clean. :thumbs:

I'll PM you my number in the evening. Don't have network reception in college.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
WhatsApp rolls out voice-calling feature for Android users - Tech2

After multiple flip-flops, WhatsApp has finally released the voice-calling feature for all Android users. You will need to download version 2.11.528 from the Play Store or version 2.11.531 from the WhatsApp website.

According to AndroidPolice, the voice-calling can be activated is by receiving a call from someone whose voice-calling is already activated. After you get the call, you need to close and then reopen the app. After that, instead of seeing the most recent chats, you will get three tabs namely Calls, Chats and Contacts. The call tab shows incoming, outgoing and missed calls at the precise times.

This time around WhatsApp has decided to keep the invite-window open for longer duration. Unlike some weeks back when WhatsApp had kept the invite-window open only for a couple of hours.

Sound quality is certainly good.

Should I PM you my number?

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=34917]Naveen.S[/MENTION] , would you help me activate it as well?

Last edited:

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Does whatsapp rolled out calling to everyone?? Yipee!! Now i can activate some friends who were left out previously.

Top Bottom